Accept that we all got confused when choosing a VPN because we all want a VPN with fast speed connection without compromising our security and anonymity. The reason we all choose a paid VPN service rather than opting for a free VPN is to ensure a faster connection speed with the full security protocol. Free VPN may provide you security or anonymity; they make your connection speed as slow as a snail, and that is frustrating for online streaming and torrenting. There are hundreds of VPN services in the market which claims maximum speed and security but choosing the right one can be a tricky and time-taking job and sometimes can be of no use even after spending and wasting a lot of money during this process. Sounds scary, but The Best VPN Analysis has brought you the top fastest VPN to choose from, with tested and tried by our tech experts.
Best Fastest VPN Services
#1 NordVPN (2.75$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 77% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 VyprVPN (5$/month)
Number of servers: 700+ | Server locations: 73 | IP addresses: 200,000+ | Maximum devices supported: 3-5
VyprVPN is a Golden Frog owned network founded by Internet veterans who are in similar internet businesses since 1994. Goldenfrog is a Switzerland-based company, and the country is favorable for privacy laws. With the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DPA) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection Ordinance (DPO).
- No server down issues and connections are always available
- It supports 256-bit of military-grade encryption
- Multiple protocols support to choose the preferred level of encryption
- NAT Firewall to provide additional security
- Simultaneous connection up to 5 devices
- 24/7 Customer Support via Live Chat
- 30-days Money-Back Guarantee
Avail 25% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (2.91$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 58% Discount
#5 Ivacy (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 78% Discount
Why You Need the Fastest VPN Service?
It is important to understand that there are many reasons people look for a speedy VPN service when speed is an essential element. However, we never recommend compromising your security while getting crazy for speed, balancing both is a good idea which is the base for our selection of fastest VPN services here. A fast speed VPN service can be used for many purposes, but especially for;
Torrenting and P2P file Sharing- When downloading or uploading files on torrent or P2P websites you need speed plus security, so choose wisely.
Online Streaming- Streaming popular online channels need a fast connection speed and fast VPN to connect you bypassing the geo-block.
Online Gaming- Gaming is all about speed, but when connecting to online gaming server you may need a VPN to bypass the regional restriction and access it from anywhere without compromising the speed and security.
Know the Factors of Internet Connection Speed-RTT, Latency, and Jitter
An internet connection speed depends upon various factors which in combination affect its speed and if a connection is poor, then you can increase it only by switching to a better speed internet connection, it is the most important thing to remember. The major factors which affect internet connection speed are;
- RTT- People often get confused with the latency and Round Trip Time (RTT) due to the similarities they have, but actually, it is different. Round trip time is the duration of time measured when the data travels from the client source that is point A and goes to the web server, point B and then comes back from B to A, the time this whole process takes is what we call RTT which also includes the aggregated latency.
- Latency- In simple words latency is the time your data packets take to travel from your computer (Point A) to the desired web server on the internet (Point B), note that here we only consider one-sided travel time and not the whole. It depends on the amount and size of data packets travel through the network, that is why you notice the large files may take more time to be downloaded than the smaller one, especially if your internet connection is limited in bandwidth.
- Jitter- Jitter measures the variance in latency. The difference of time in each travel through the network is described by Jitter. The internet connection or VPN connection with high degrees of Jitter results in low-performance speed.
Other Factors of Internet Connection Speed
As we discussed some of the physical factors which affect the speed of your connection, it is important here to explain the other factors which are ignored by the people eager for a fast speed connection. If we talk about VPN, its speed depends mainly on two factors;
- The bandwidth of your home internet connection- Your home network’s bandwidth will determine that how much raw data can be traveled through the connection and a 1Gb fiber connection is faster than a 5 Mbps ADSL line.
- VPN’s own network bandwidth- Every VPN manages different infrastructure, and that defines their performance and connection speed. Most of the VPN providers (in the table above) transfer the data through their private connection, which usually offers 1 to 10 Gb network, yes you read it write it is 10 Gb. In that case the speed of the connection overall is fast and without delays, but remember that a VPN can never enhance your original home internet connection speed, if you are running a poor and low bandwidth connection and an old obsolete machine (PC, laptop etc.) then you first need to get it upgraded before using any VPN with it, it is highly recommended, otherwise you will end up complaining about the speed and performance issues.
Speed Test With or Without VPN
You can test the speed of your connection with or without using a VPN to check the difference in speed a VPN creates. Follow these steps to do that;
- Go to the start menu and in the search bar type ‘’command prompt’’ and hit enter, you will see a small black window appears.
- Type ping 22.214.171.124 -t in that window and enter. You will see the time of latency without and with VPN. If the difference is not too much, the speed of your VPN is fine.
For Linux and OSX
- Type ping 126.96.36.199 in that terminal and enter. You will see the time of latency without and with VPN. If the difference is not too much, the speed of your VPN is fine.
How a VPN reduce your Internet Speed?
A VPN enables you to conceal your IP information and encrypt your connection by creating a tunnel so that hackers, spammers, and other cybercriminals can’t access your private information when you are surfing the internet via an open connection like a public Wi-Fi. Most of the VPN users are attracted to get a premium VPN service so they can access all the geo-restricted websites like top streaming channels Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, some sports channels, but the point is how a VPN really make your internet connection slow? The answer is not that simple, but we will make it clear and simple for you. Here we have precisely jotted down reasons of slow internet connection speed with a VPN;
- The most important reason a VPN slow down your internet connection speed is the distance of the VPN server from your location. For example, if you are in China and using a US based VPN server than the distance is more and the data will take time to transfer between the servers which produce a delay and makes your internet processing speed slower than normal, without using a VPN.
- Next reason is the load on the server, as you already know many people are using a VPN these days which brings heavy traffic on these VPN servers from around the world, and if the VPN service is not continuously expanding its servers, it may take a lot of time for your internet connection to transfer data because the traffic load is too heavy on such VPN servers which result in a slow internet connection speed.
- VPN services use different security and encryption protocols which affect your internet connection speed. These security and encryption protocols provide a different level of security and are used by the VPN services for different purposes; most VPN service providers use PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, and OpenVPN, but some top services also offer SSTP or Soft Ether. Each protocol has its own level of security the good speed with good security can be achieved by PPTP and L2TP/IPsec, and OpenVPN provides more security, but with a little less speed, SSTP has the best ratio or security and speed, but available for windows only. The higher the security, the lower the internet’s speed.
- The speed of the internet connection itself provided by your ISP also plays an important role and one reason of the slowdown in your internet speed with a VPN service.
Some Points to Consider Before Selecting the Fastest VPN
While you eagerly look for a fast speed VPN service, you also need to keep some important things in your mind that should be on your checklist while selecting a speedy VPN service;
Security with Speed
People who use a VPN service only to unblock the popular streaming channels like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, HBO etc. are mostly interested in the fastest streaming speed, but it is very important to remember that don’t forget the potential risk of cyber security on all the heavily crowded popular streaming channels which can be a major security risk and reason for any possible cyber crime, if you are not cautious. Using a VPN for streaming can never boost your speed, this is for sure, so look out for anyone who claims this is totally lying for sure, but exchanging the fastest speed with zero security is not a recommended deal, the hardware you use is important and your desire for streaming. So all the above listed VPN services provide a good streaming speed with security from anywhere in the world, and as mentioned above, it is very important that you have a good speed internet connection for everything to work perfectly, otherwise you will end up crying even you use whatever you want, you can’t enhance your internet speed unless the connection is good.
All the VPN services we have listed above in the table have given all the details of their servers in all the cities, their speed, load, etc. Most of the providers also offer to check the server load in real-time on their official websites, which is great for testing before buying. So better to look for it before you select a streaming VPN because the number and location of VPN servers will help you unblock your desired channels. So unblocking any of US channel you must look for US servers in any VPN, for any British channel, look for UK servers, etc.
How We Selected the Fastest VPN for you?
We didn’t rely on the general reviews of the VPN services made by different people and VPN reviewing sites, but we have developed a simple, but comprehensive mechanism of analyzing the speed of the top VPN services, and after that, we put it here for you, remember we only choose the best for you. What we have done simple is that we have a coordination with our tech experts in some regions like in USA, UK, Canada and Australia, first they tested and recorded the speed of internet before using a VPN, then they run the VPN and then recorded the difference in internet speed, and they have done it using different VPN servers like UK, USA, Canada and Australia. After this comprehensive real-time speed test, we have found that all these above enlisted VPN services are the fastest and highly recommended for streaming your favorite channels and for torrenting.
Streaming Speed Test
Whenever you are looking for a VPN service for online streaming of your favorite web streaming channels like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, etc. we always suggest you choose a VPN service that provides the fastest speed with a good security layer. Sometimes even the premium VPN services are not recommended for streaming because they use high security and encryption protocols like SSTP and SoftEther which makes the streaming slow because of highly encrypted data transfer mode, but you don’t want to compromise on your security and anonymity while hunting for speed for streaming, you don’t have to, The Best VPN Analysis has brought you the VPN services that use good security and encryption protocols like PPTP and L2TP/IPsec with the super-fast streaming speed.
Files Sharing Speed while Torrenting
Torrenting websites are most popular for file sharing either downloading or uploading and that is the reason for their millions of users searching stuff from all around the world, when sharing files on such heavy loaded websites, the downloading or uploading speed can be the biggest issue sometimes, you don’t want to spend the whole day waiting for a file to download or upload. The VPN services we have enlisted for you here ensure fastest downloading and uploading speed with high speed or least compromised speed and with a high-end security protocol, because you want complete anonymity while torrenting, as you don’t want the hackers, spammers and cyber criminal to mess with your online identity and privacy.
Benefits of Using the Fastest VPN
For planning to watch a movie on Netflix or want to stream your favorite TV show on Netflix of any streaming channel, or for downloading and uploading on Torrent websites, the main thing you want is a fast speed, because you will not spend hours for a 2 hours movie or wait hours for a file on torrent to be downloaded or uploaded, nobody wants that at all, so to avoid getting into such situations we recommend you to choose the speedy VPN services we have selected for you here. Following are the core benefits of using a Fast and speedy VPN service;
Fast Downloading & Uploading Speed
If you want to enjoy fast download/upload speed when sharing files on P2P or torrents, the best thing to choose a server which is nearest to your location, this way the latency of the connection will be least and you can enjoy a fast connection speed, note that it is important to remember the above-mentioned points and factors to achieve the speedy connection.
Super-fast Streaming Speed
All the popular online streaming channels are overly crowded, to avoid any connection delays and long buffering time while streaming, follow the above-mentioned points which affect your connection speed and use the fastest VPN we listed above.
Speedy Online Gaming Experience
Online gaming servers have a lot of loads due to users from all over the world, connecting with them and playing games on high speed is only possible if your internet connection and VPN connection is fast and don’t forget the configuration of your gaming device is an important factor, if you use old, slow machine (PC, laptop, mobile, tablet etc.) for gaming then don’t expect a quick speed and upgrade the machine.
Steps to Getting Started with the Fastest VPN
Now you know how a VPN service can slowdowns your internet connection, which is annoying when you want to stream your favorite streaming channel to catch up the TV show or a movie or you want to watch the live streaming of any sports event or you want to download or upload files from torrent, whatever the purpose is the thing is that you really need a good speed VPN. Not a rocket science, but it takes a lot of time and money to search and to test the VPN, but we have already done the comprehensive research and speed tests on the VPN services as mentioned above, and presented you with a list of the top fastest VPN services present with super-fast speed for streaming and torrenting and complete high-end security and encryption protocols to safeguard you from any possible cyber crime and cyber theft attempts. Here are the steps you need to own your fastest VPN service today;
- Choose any of the listed VPN services from the table above.
- Click and sign up for the chosen VPN service and install the required app.
- Sign in and select the VPN server you want to connect from.
- Now access any streaming channel or torrent websites, whatever you ever wished for and Enjoy!
So still do you think you need to waste any time in deciding? Get yourself a good fastest VPN service today and enjoy the internet world to its fullest as we have already helped you to choose the blazing fast VPN service.