No wonder that time had far gone when we used to wait for hours to get a file downloaded or uploaded! In fact, this is the time of fastest internet with blazing speed, because nobody has much of time to wait, wait and wait! And when it comes to deciding on a suitable VPN, most of the people including me look for the one that assures the fastest connection speed; after all, speed is the winner!
However, choosing the fastest VPN often doesn’t come easy. It’s because the VPN market is full of hundreds of VPNs, claiming to be the fastest VPN; but, not all of them could manage to make the cut when underwent through a proper speed test.
To help you choose the fastest VPN services, we have tested a good lot of VPNs; so that you don’t have to try and test different VPNs and face disappointments. All you have to do is to trust our verdict and start using one of the fastest VPN services we have listed down below.
Best Fastest VPN Services
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (3.50$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 29% Discount
What’s A Fast VPN Service?
A fast VPN service is something that never settles on your internet connection speed while encrypting the online data and your IP address. An internet connection or internet speed is assessed by many various metrics, which includes download speed, upload speed, and latency.
Often the users of the fastest VPN services streams movies, read the online news, use BitTorrents, and listens to music. Hence, downloading speed is a primary factor in choosing the fastest VPN. So, when we talk about ‘Fast VPN,’ we mean fast download speed.
Reasons for Using the Fastest VPN Services
It’s important to note that there’re various reasons users seek out the fastest VPN services available when speed is a major component. A so-called Fastest VPN can be employed for some objects, yet particularly for;
Torrenting – P2P File Sharing – When downloading or sharing a file through P2P websites you need fast speed with additional security.
Video Streaming – Streaming leading online channels need a quick fast connection speed. A fast VPN to the interface you circumventing the geographical restriction.
Online Gaming – It is all about the speed. You may need a fast VPN service to sidestep the restriction and unblock it from anyplace without compromising the speed and security.
The transfer/download speeds you get while connected to a VPN server rely upon many things. Some of these are managed by your Fastest VPN service provider such as server load, speed, location, accessibility, and so forth).
Despite that, your home system and connection additionally have a meaningful effect on speed, accessibility, data transfer capacity, server location, security protocol, etc.
How to Assess the Fastest VPN?
Numerous VPN services promote their service as the fastest VPN, but they aren’t indeed one. As every individual has varying uses of the Internet, it is difficult to justify the VPN available on the Internet. The download, upload speed, and latency are the foremost factors that should be examined to ascertain the fastest VPN services.
How to test if your VPN is the fastest or not?
- Firstly, you ought to test the internet both with and without VPN connection using the speedtest.net.
- Secondly, pick a different VPN server for every time you perform the speed test. The reason being, the connection speed you get at one location might not be the same in other locations too.
- Thirdly, modify the security protocols to determine the actual results. The OpenVPN and PPTP might be the favored options for testing out various VPNs.
For more details check out, Testing VPN Speed – Check how Fast your VPN is?
Speed Test With or Without VPN
You can test the speed of your connection with or without using a VPN to check the difference in speed a VPN creates. Follow these steps to do that;
- Go to the start menu and in the search bar type ‘’command prompt’’ and hit enter, you will see a small black window appears.
- Type ping 18.104.22.168 -t in that window and enter. You will see the time of latency without and with VPN. If the difference is not too much, the speed of your VPN is fine.
For Linux and OSX
- Type ping 22.214.171.124 in that terminal and enter. You will see the time of latency without and with VPN. If the difference is not too much, the speed of your VPN is fine.
Fastest VPN Protocol
PPTP: The point-to-point tunneling protocol is a sequence of PPP protocol. It indicates the encryption is sent out with tunneling amplification. The PPTP is known as the fastest VPN protocol, but in comparison with OpenVPN, it’s less safe as it doesn’t depend on encryption. However, PPTP is an excellent choice for streaming videos and internet browsing.
You may want to read, 5 Best PPTP VPN- Stream Anything With Faster Speed
OpenVPN: It is recommended by all the fastest VPN services operating accross the world. The domain name of the user gets easily framed with OpenVPN DNS. Top-notch data protection can provide through encryption. OpenVPN is more beneficial for buffer-free streaming because the multiple data port will outbound the network termination strike.
How To Choose the Fastest VPN Services?
Deciding on a fast VPN is more difficult than it seems. Presently, almost all the VPN providers claim to give blazing fast speed along with steady performance and strong connection. But, in actuality, such claims have shown to be nothing but bogus marketing methods only. Hence, we have created a dedicated segment below that highlights every factor of a VPN service that assures high-speed connection round the clock. After reading the following factors, you will be able to choose a right VPN with the fastest speed:
Ping rate is the time it takes your internet connection to communicate with the desired server. The faster response time between your PC and the server, the more responsive is your connection. Ping rate is measured in milliseconds (ms) and is critical for applications where timing is essential. Consequently, you should choose a VPN service that offers the lowest ping rates
The fastest VPN service should offer good download speeds. It should let you pull data off the internet without imperiling your speed. You can change between protocols and servers to get the fast download speeds from your VPN.
The upload speeds show how quickly you can send data to another user over the internet. You should select a VPN that offers fast data sharing without any interruptions.
Other Features to Look For in the Fastest VPN
Speed is the key to getting the fastest VPN, but it should not be the only aspect to consider. There’re various other factors you should look for before choosing a VPN. Here are some factors, other than speed, that you should look into:
- Number of servers offered
- Compatibility (which devices are supported)
- Exclusive apps & clients available
- Number of simultaneous logins
- Number of IP addresses provided (is it static or dynamic)
- Which protocols are offered (PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, etc.)
- Unlimited data transfer & server switches
- Customer support options (live chat, FAQs, knowledge base, email, etc.)
- Pricing packages available
- Overall performance & service quality
How Fast is a VPN Connection?
Now if you are new to VPN world, this question must have come in your mind: how fast is a VPN connection. There’s no solid answer to this question as several factors contribute to a VPN connection speed. For starters, the rate of a VPN connection counts on the level of encryption and kind of protocol you’re using. Higher the level of encryption slower will be your VPN connection speed.
Further learn by reading, VPN Download Speed: Can VPN Increase Download Speed?
Likewise, some protocols tend to offers fast speeds, while others could hamper up your network speed. You can work on different settings to get the right balance between the two. The server loads and your own connection speed also play an essential role in choosing how fast a VPN is. Hence, we would recommend that you fiddle with different VPN protocols, servers, and encryption degree to obtain the fastest VPN services.
Tips to Speed-Up VPN Connection
A VPN connection normally tends to lag down your internet network. This is because of a VPN tunnels encrypts, and then decrypts your PCs complete internet data traffic. However, massive reductions in speeds are not always the case. A VPN normally affects 10 to 20 percent of your internet speeds. But, if you follow particular tips, you can quickly speed up your VPN connection.
Switch your VPN server: High load on a server could cause delay and slow internet speeds. This is because a lot of other VPN users might be on using the same sever at same time. So, slowing down your VPN connection speed.
Switch VPN protocol and ports: Some networks do block VPN protocols and ports. You will need to try several combinations to determine the fastest protocol and port for your VPN service.
Try Using a Wired Connection: Using a wireless internet connection looks convenient, but it could restrict your internet speed as many users share the same network. And with a VPN connection, your internet speed could further worsen. Try shifting to a wired connection as it maintains higher speed and is not normally shared among many users.
Restart your Devices: At times, memory leak can slow down your computer or routers. Restarting them can effectively improve their overall performance.
For more information, you can check out, 8 Tips to Fix Slow VPN Connection Speeds
Conclusion – 5 Fastest VPN Services
This is the time when we all are concerned about our digital security and privacy. Still, many of us feel reluctant to do anything about it. A Virtual Private Network or a VPN is a reliable tool that’s designed to protect our privacy and online security. Though, still there are some lots of users that are reluctant to adopt this effective tool only because they don’t want to compromise their internet connection speed. Unfortunately, it’s a matter of fact that VPN somehow affects the internet speed, but, yet again, it all boils down to which provider you are trusting with both speedy and secure VPN connection.