So you happen to be an expat, living in an abroad country dying to watch your favourite show. But, sadly, all you are seeing is that disappointing error message saying “the content is not available in your region.” This is where you feel helpless and sulking. But who said it’s impossible to resolve this issue? Sit back and enjoy, as we are going to discuss how PPTP VPN is your hero in this case.
Many European and US websites restrict full access to the site when you are not at home, and finally, the corresponding IP address of your network is disallowed access. We’ve all been there, and we all understand how it feels. Most of us look up to a VPN to provide us with the freedom that we want, as this barrier can be evaded by the use of a VPN service, also known as, Virtual Private Network. But wait; why have I titled this piece as PPTP VPN then?
5 Best PPTP VPN- Stream Anything With Faster Speed
Well, the logic is quite simple. There are different VPN protocols which an end user can apply, but the favoured option for streaming online content is PPTP protocol as it offers the limited cut in speed. In essence, it makes online streaming, web surfing, and web browsing a whole lot simpler and to some extent, safer.
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.91$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 84% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Different Types of VPN Protocols
Let me share a list of the various types of VPN protocols available worldwide:
Which VPN Protocol Do You Think is the Fastest?
Two of the best VPN protocols known for their speeds are the PPTP protocol and the OpenVPN protocol. The former one is the least secure while the OpenVPN protocol provides the highest security to the user. Nearly all VPN protocols are easy to use and are designed to operate on devices like Android phones, iOS, and Windows. The encryption provided by various protocols ranges from 128 bit to 256-bit encryption. The L2TP protocol offers IPSec encryption suite. (also see, Which is the best VPN Protocol? PPTP vs L2TP/IPSec vs OpenVPN vs SSTP vs IKEv2)
This article is focused on providing the list of the best PPTP VPN providers available in the market today.
Best PPTP VPN
When deciding on a VPN protocol, make sure you start by knowing your VPN use. To play safe, be sure to choose a VPN provider that provides you access to the PPTP protocol. (also check, Best VPN for Streaming Services)
Most VPN providers will limit protocol access depending on the pricing package you purchase. We recommend finding a VPN service provider that gives all-around protocol access regardless of the pricing plan. Here is the list of best PPTP VPN providers.
Advantages of Using PPTP VPN Protocol
The benefits of using the PPTP protocol are:
- PPTP VPN is available for almost all the devices; be it an Android phone or an iOS device
- It is easy to employ and install
- This protocol uses fewer resources
- It gives the fastest connection
Drawbacks of PPTP VPN
The only main shortcoming of using the PPTP VPN is the low encryption power of the protocol. The peril of conflicting with the firewall is multiplied and there is no guaranty that the hackers will be blocked. But since the top goal of the user is to stream content, consequently this protocol is highly recommended.
Conclusion -Best PPTP VPN
VPN is one of the favourite tools of most of the internet users as it offers some of the best features with which web surfing and streaming become easier. Whichever website you want to access; you can do it by keeping your identity a secret. The best PPTP VPNs and the ones most commonly used by the people have been mentioned above. They provide the fastest speed and are functional on different operational devices. Few of them are also useful on mobile devices. Apart from the inability to offer high-security, PPTP VPN is the best choice amongst all VPN protocols.