Do you want to know what are the best Kodi repositories in 2017? If yes, this article is for you. If you are a Kodi user you know you need to install various Kodi add-ons to get started with it. To install unofficial add-ons on Kodi app on your PC, Mac, Android, Raspberry Pi, or Fire Stick, the first things you need to do is to configure a repository. A repository (repo) is a database of all the files required to install add-ons on your Kodi app. In this article, I am going to tell you what are some top and the best Kodi Repository 2017.
Use a VPN for Kodi Before you Install Kodi Add-ons
Most of the Kodi add-ons such as; Phoenix, 123Movies, Exodus, SALTS, and Alluc, SportsDevil get all its sources from ‘pirated’ streams. Which means that streaming from any of these add-ons can be considered illegal in some countries. This is the reason using a VPN for Kodi is a good idea to stay safe and anonymous while streaming on Kodi.
Furthermore, Kodi users know there are many Kodi add-ons that are Geo-blocked. However, you can bypass these Geo-restriction and use the best VPN for Kodi to unblock these add-ons without any hassle. Moreover, Kodi is a popular alternative for Windows media centre and it is an Open Source application. Additionally, Kodi also faces restrictions when accessed by users from a foreign country. This is to ensure that the country does not suffer any internet threats and hacks. Though it seems to be legal, it is not a situation that most internet users expect. Thanks to the best Kodi VPN which forms a tunnel between the Kodi user and the accessed server. The data passes through the tunnel are all encrypted and it is anonymous as well. So, it is better to use a VPN for Kodi services to enjoy a safe streaming.
Best VPNs for Kodi
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Best Working Kodi Repositories – Summary
Many Kodi repositories like the add-on have been taken down. One of the top Kodi repositories was Fusion; a TVaddon for Kodi. However, it is no longer work and dead. Below is the list of the best Kodi Repository 2017 you can install on FireStick, PC, Mac, Android, or Raspberry Pi with brief reviews.
- The Official Kodi Add-On Repository
- Smash Repo
- Ares Wizard
- Noobs and Nerds
- Mucky DucksColossus Repo
- Simply Caz
Official Kodi Add-on Repository
The official Kodi add-on repo has all the legal add-ons, so you can install add-ons for sports, movies, TV shows, and live channels. If you want to stay safe on Kodi, without installing anything illegal, then this is the repository for you. It comes pre-installed with Kodi app so you don’t have to go through the manual installation and setup procedure. However, here are the steps you can follow to install video add-ons using Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Click on USTVNow -> Install.
- Wait until you see the USTVNow Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi home screen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left-hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including USTVNow, will appear here
This is one of unusual kind of unofficial Kodi repositories which has add-ons that are legal and safe to use. Follow these steps below to install it.
- First, download the Kodi Nerds zip file from here.
- Launch Kodi and click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Add-ons.
- Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
- When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.
- Now go back to the Kodi home screen, select ‘Addons’ and click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ and locate the Zip file you had downloaded earlier. It should be called repository.kodinerds-6.0.0.zip.
- Wait until you see the add-on enabled notification.
- Now, select Install from the repository.
- Choose KodiNerds.net Addons -> Video Addons
Smash Repo – Best Kodi Repository 2017
The Smash repository includes unofficial add-ons. It has been working for some time now and has got a good reputation among the users.
SuperRepo – Best Kodi Repository 2017
SuperRepo is one of the best repositories from which you can install third-party add-ons. It has a massive list of video add-ons, skins, and programs. The best part about it is that it is frequently updated.
Ares Wizard – Best Kodi Repository 2017
Ares is also a source for unofficial Kodi addons. Furthermore, the Ares Wizard also is an absolutely amazing source of useful Kodi tools. Such as maintenance, backup, and other tweaks.
Kodi Repositories Not Working Anymore
Additionally, there are some popular Kodi repositories which you cannot use anymore, due to some reasons. Here are those Kodi repositories which you cannot use any further.
Conclusion- Best Kodi Repository 2017
I have listed all the working and best Kodi Repositories of 2017. You can use these to install any Kodi add-ons you like to watch TV, movies, sports, documentaries etc.