What is the best VPN for LG Smart TVs? Regarding Smart TV manufacturers, LG is right at the top along with Samsung and Sony. LG’s user interface, dubbed WebOS, is particularly popular. It should be mentioned that the streaming apps you get to access on your Smart TV depend on the region you currently reside in. Another aspect you should bear in mind when purchasing a Smart TV is that most of them can get easily hacked.
A cybercriminal can use the Smart TV’s weak security measures to compromise your privacy and security. To change your WebOS region, and add an extra layer of security to your LG Smart TV along the way, you have to use a virtual private network. But which VPN is best for LG Smart TV? This is what we will aim to cover in the review below.(also see, How to Secure Your Smart TV)
Best VPN for LG Smart TV – Change WebOS Region
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.91$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 84% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Are LG Smart TVs Compatible With VPN?
Perversely, there is no way to directly install a VPN app or setup a VPN connection on your LG Smart TV. VPN apps are mainly designed to work on Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android-based devices. If you want to access geo-blocked apps on your LG Smart TV, you need to set up the VPN connection on your router. To install VPN on your router, the router itself needs to support VPN.
How to Change Webos Region On LG Smart TV
Follow the steps below to switch your LG Smart TV’s region.
- On your LG’s remote control, click the ‘Settings’ button.
- From there, select ‘General’.
- Choose ‘Location’.
- Select ‘LG Services Country’.
- Uncheck ‘Set Automatically’ and choose the country you wish to switch to.
- Click ‘Yes’ and restart your Smart TV.
- Keep in mind that the countries you get to switch to depend on the region where you bought your LG Smart TV from.
How to Set up VPN On LG Smart TV Via Router
If you want to stick to VPN due to its superior online security features, you can setup the VPN connection on your router instead. That way, all the devices you connect to that router, including the Smart TV, of course, will get to share its VPN connection. There are a couple of points you should be aware of though. First, not all VPN routers are VPN compatible. For more info on how to setup VPN on your router, check this guide. You should also know that installing VPN on a router does take some technical know-how and therefore isn’t for everybody. The benefits you get out of it though are huge.(also see, 5 Best VPN for Smart TV)
How to Enable VPN On LG Smart TV Via Network Connection Sharing
Alternatively, you can potentially set up your VPN connection on your Windows PC or Mac and subsequently share that computer’s Internet connection with your Smart TV. That way, the Samsung Smart TV will benefit from the PC or Mac’s VPN connection as well. Again, this method isn’t straightforward, but it’s still doable and presents a viable solution for anyone who is looking for ways to install VPN on their Smart TV.
Best VPN for LG Smart TV
Following are the best VPN for LG Smart TV
Conclusion -Best VPN for LG Smart TV
As aforementioned, there is no way to install VPN on LG Smart TVs directly. However, the two workarounds we’ve suggested above should suffice in case you are looking for a way to get access to your favorite streaming content, even if you are currently living in a region where these streaming apps are geo-restricted.