How to download, update, and install Kodi 17.6 Krypton? The Kodi 17.6 is the last before the long-awaited release of the new Kodi 18 Leia version. The new version contains the bus fixes in the previous versions which are; Kodi 17.4 and Kodi 17.5. The new Kodi 17.6 update has no prominent changes. However, updating your Kodi is always good to receive new bugs fixes.
In this article, I am going to show how can you download and install Kodi 17.6 update. These instructions below are written to update your Kodi application to Kodi 17.6 on PC, Mac, Android, FireStick, or Raspberry Pi.
How to Download and Install Kodi 17.6 Update?
So, here are the steps to update and install Kodi 17.6 on your PC, Mac, or Raspberry Pi. If you are using an Android TV Box, you can alternatively go to Google Play Store and update your Kodi app to Kodi 17.6. Your existing add-ons and configurations on the current version will not be deleted by performing this Kodi 17.6 update. Below are the steps to download and install Kodi 17.6 update;
- First, go to the official Kodi download page.
- Now, choose your operating system.
3. Once the pop-up window shows up, choose ‘Recommended.
4. Now click on the blue button next to ‘Release’.
5. The Kodi 17.6 Krypton installation file will now begin to download.
6. Once you’ve downloaded the file, all you have to do is open it to launch the installation process.
How to Install Kodi 17.6 on FireStick?
Additionally, if you’re using the Kodi app on your FireStick, follow these steps to download and install the Kodi 17.6 update:
- On your Amazon Fire TV or FireStick, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
- Turn on ‘Allow apps from unknown sources.’
- From the Amazon Fire Stick main menu, go to ‘Search.’
- Type ‘ES Explorer’.
- Click on the ES Explorer app icon to download and install it.
- Launch the ES Explorer app.
- From the ES Explorer menu, go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ in the left-hand menu.
- Click on ‘+ New’ from the bottom menu.
- For ‘Path’, type https://bestvpnanalysis.com/kodi-17-6.apk and click ‘OK’.
- For ‘Name’, input ‘Kodi’.
- Select ‘Download Now’
- The Kodi installation file will now begin to download.
- Once the Kodi apk file is downloaded, click on ‘Open file’ to install it on your FireStick.
- Go back to your FireStick home screen.
- Launch the Kodi 17.6 app on your FireStick
Kodi 17.6 – What’s New?
According to the official Kodi website, the new update contains the following fixes:
- Fix possible crash in controller dialogue
- Update standard scrapers to the latest version available on release
- Fix possible connection issues with internal web server
- Fix crash when peripheral joystick add-on is disabled
Use a VPN to Unblock Add-ons and Stay Safe on Kodi
Furthermore, Kodi users know there are many Kodi add-ons that are Geo-blocked. However, you can bypass these Geo-restriction and use the best VPN for Kodi to unblock these add-ons without any hassle. Moreover, Kodi is a popular alternative for Windows media centre and it is an Open Source application. Additionally, Kodi also faces restrictions when accessed by users from a foreign country.
Moreover, This is to ensure that the country does not suffer any internet threats and hacks. Though it seems to be legal, it is not a situation that most internet users expect. Thanks to the best Kodi VPN which forms a tunnel between the Kodi user and the accessed server. The data passes through the tunnel are all encrypted and it is anonymous as well. So, it is better to use a VPN for Kodi services to enjoy a safe streaming.
Best VPNs for Kodi
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.91$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 84% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Conclusion- How to Download and Install Kodi 17.6 Update?
Consequently, to sum up, if you want to get the new Kodi update 17.6, you have to follow the steps given above. Then install some Kodi add-ons and finally use a VPN or Kodi to stay safe and anonymous while streaming on Kodi.