What is the best VPN for Mikrotik router? Mikrotik is a widely known company that practices in networking software and equipment. The organization has been on the market since 1996 and was founded in Riga, Latvia. Since its institution; MikroTik has been capable of growing into a reputable brand; that millions of users depend on for their networking requirements.
Among the various network operations that the company offers; they are famous for their routers; which is among the best-making brands in the world. Choosing a MikroTik router means keeping the quality. With a good quality connection to the Internet; what you would want next is a solution that can protect from all the malicious perils of the online world, and assure that you get to browse via sites and channels without any basis for alarm. One appropriate solution that you might wish to consider is signing up for a VPN service.(also see, How to Connect Home Router to a VPN to Bypass Web Censorship)
Best VPN for MikroTik Router
Why Should You Consider Using A VPN On Your Router?
Using a VPN on your router allows you to do many things; that is just having it installed on your laptop or PC would. A few of the real benefits include:
You Don’t Have To Turn On And Off VPN
The first clear advantage is that you really won’t need to have to turn your VPN on or off now and then. With this, you’ll have automated the method; and you won’t want to log onto your VPN account whenever you connect to the Internet. This also enables you to set up your Internet security standards once and for all; without needing any further intervention.
You Can VPN On All Your Devices
Having VPN set up on your router allows you to use VPN service on a broad range of devices without having to set up or prepare individual devices for VPN directly. It’s a whole other level of automation. This enables you to do things like watching geo-restricted content on your TV and trick your identity whenever you go online with your device.
Best VPN for MikroTik Router
If you are using a MikroTik router; then you’ll need to flash the firmware that it formerly came with, and substitute it with DD-WRT or Tomato’s Open Source software. Once you are done with that; you can then begin considering some of the services below as your next source of online protection:
#1 NordVPN (2.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 75% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (2.91$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 58% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Conclusion -Best VPN for MikroTik Router