5 Best Windows VPN Apps: The users of the latest version of Windows 10 are aware of the vulnerability it can attract. Even if you have all the security software installed on your Windows computer. It is considered as a non-secure device these days. Furthermore, some recent incidents of the spread of serious malware. Moreover, ransomware and many other fatal virus attacks reported by users from all over the world. Most of these threats are transferred online. Which means when you connect it to the internet you are highly vulnerable to all kind of online threats. Hence, we all now are fully aware of the threats and security issues in Windows. Fortunately, along with other mandatory security software you can use a Windows VPN for secure online browsing.
Why You Need a Windows VPN?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) for Windows creates an encrypted tunnel which transfers all your data through this safe tunnel. Which enhances your privacy level and make you untraceable over the internet. Furthermore, a Windows VPN keeps snoopers and hackers at bay. It also hides your original IP address and provides you with a fake IP address. So that you can access any country’s websites from any location. Hence, it overcomes all types of geo-restrictions. Additionally, it gives you the power to access whatever you want from wherever you are. Torrenting, video streaming and using Public Wi-Fi they all need the best Windows VPN.
Best Windows VPN– List
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Check Your Windows VPN App
It is important to check your VPN App performance. It is to analyze and evaluate if it is worth the money or not, some must do are;
- IP Check and Speed Test- It is not bad to check whether the claims of your VPN providers are true or not, and you must know are they providing IP cloaking at the download and upload speeds it promised? For that got to testmy.net and hit “Combined” to see the downloading and uploading speed of your VPN provider’s client.
- IP Leak Test – It’s very important while Torrenting that your IP must be secure and doesn’t leak if the connection drops, so for that visit ipleak.net and test-ipv6.com so that you can be sure.
Benefit of Using the Best Windows VPN
I have listed some top VPN Apps for you. Hence, you can select according to your requirement and safeguard your phone. Let’s learn about some core benefits of using a Windows VPN ;
Avoid Suspicious & Malicious Windows Apps- A Secure Windows VPN Apps blocks all the malware and spyware apps from your phone.
Untrusted Windows Apps– If any app seems untrusted, the VPN blocks it as well.
Flaws in Windows Security– A Windows VPN secures your phone data by encrypting and transfers your online data via encrypted tunnel avoiding all security flaw of Windows.
Bypass all the Streaming Restrictions for Windows Users- You can bypass all the Geo-restrictions and unblock any site by using the best Windows VPN App.
5 Best Windows VPN Apps – Final Words
So, this was all about VPN for Windows. Our step-by-step guide is meant to help you find the best VPN your computer. As discussed above, VPN has its unavoidable importance. However, Windows are not so secure and VPN adds an extra layer of encryption which is recommended. Let us know in the comment section below, if this article is helpful to you or if you have any questions