The Internet penetration in Jamaica is not as extensive as in advanced parts of the planet. Currently, Internet access is narrowed to 46.5% of the people. However, the government supports freedom of expression and censorship is not a massive problem in the nation. Nevertheless, there are plausible reasons for using the best VPN for Jamaica.
In this post, we will explain how you can use VPN to secure your privacy online in Jamaica. This will let you improve your knowledge of the steps you can take to be safe in the increasingly risky online environment.
Read more: Best CNET VPN as per CNET’s Choice
Best VPN for Jamaica
#1 NordVPN (2.75$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 77% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 VyprVPN (5$/month)
Number of servers: 700+ | Server locations: 73 | IP addresses: 200,000+ | Maximum devices supported: 3-5
VyprVPN is a Golden Frog owned network founded by Internet veterans who are in similar internet businesses since 1994. Goldenfrog is a Switzerland-based company, and the country is favorable for privacy laws. With the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DPA) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection Ordinance (DPO).
- No server down issues and connections are always available
- It supports 256-bit of military-grade encryption
- Multiple protocols support to choose the preferred level of encryption
- NAT Firewall to provide additional security
- Simultaneous connection up to 5 devices
- 24/7 Customer Support via Live Chat
- 30-days Money-Back Guarantee
Avail 25% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (2.91$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 58% Discount
#5 Ivacy (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 78% Discount
Why Do You Need a VPN in Jamaica?
Internet censorship is not an important issue in Jamaica. Legislatively, there are no restrictions imposed on the freedom of the press and expression. This should be a relief since internet privacy is being endangered all over the world.
The Jamaican law doesn’t condone official interference in the privacy of its residents; the police have performed raids without warrants in the past. As such, netizens in Jamaica aren’t entirely safe; and law enforcement can trace their information easily.
To evade the tightening noose of law enforcement agencies around our necks; it is crucial to use a VPN in Jamaica. The use of a VPN is merely an act directing you towards greater security and online privacy.
Benefits of Using a VPN in Jamaica
There are numerous significant benefits of using a VPN. The two prominent benefits of a Jamaican VPN are:
Bypass restrictions: Censorship and copyright laws set many websites away from the access of users. This prevents netizens from accessing their preferred websites and content. A VPN will allow you to circumvent these restrictions and access any website you want. In this way, VPNs can turn the Internet into something genuinely global.
Improve security: Internet security is becoming increasingly hard to achieve in the modern day. Hackers and cyber-criminals are always on the lookout for soft targets to attack and steal sensitive information from or make other forms of digital outrage. Government agencies also threaten the online privacy of users. Using the best VPN for Jamaica, you will have your data securely encrypted to ward off such threats.
Read more: How To Decide Whether You Need A VPN?
How to Get a Jamaican IP Address
The simplest method for getting a Jamaican IP address is to use a VPN having servers in Island. When you connect to a server from Jamaica, your IP will automatically seem to be originating from this location.
Thus, to get an IP address from this location,
- You should first subscribe to a VPN with Jamaican servers.
- Subscribe to the VPN of your choice.
- Then download and launch its VPN app and select Jamaica as your server.
- This way, your IP will appear to be located in the Island nation.
Conclusion – The Best VPN for Jamaica
Jamaica is an Island with low Internet usage. Rules and regulations on internet censorship and freedom of speech are comfortable and favor users in most cases. However, with the wave turning across the whole environment, carrying stricter regulation and surveillance; so, it would be a smart decision to use the best VPN for Jamaica.