How to Access Indian Websites Abroad: One effective way of unblocking Indian websites abroad is by using a VPN service provider. Learn how you can make use of that service while you’re outside India by reading the following article.
Read more:How to Watch The Fix Season 1 Online
How to Access Indian Websites Abroad
Why Do Indian Websites Block Users Abroad?
The fact that Indian content is blocked outside India is a huge let down for all Indian expats. Sometimes websites, services, and channels take necessary precautions like geo-blocking to avoid copyright violations, even if this means blocking international access from Indian expats.
Although it might sound like an unfair measure, these services have regulations and agreements they must abide by. While these geo-restrictions might seem impenetrable, a VPN can enable you to bypass them de-listed your geolocation. The most effective way to access Indian websites outside India is by the use of a Virtual Private Network. A VPN allows you to bypass the geo-restrictions imposed on Indian websites easily and without complications.
How to Access Indian Websites Abroad Using a VPN
VPN, aka Virtual Private Network, is a secure and encrypted network that reroute users traffic through one of its servers to provide anonymity and ensure location spoofing. Upon connecting to a VPN, your device acts as if it’s on the same local network as the VPN server.
Your online traffic gets redirected through the VPN server when you browse the web through a VPN. For example, if you’re in the UK and you connect to a VPN in India, websites will see you as if you are connecting to the internet from India. The VPN server acts as a sort of mediator. Here are the steps you must follow to unblock Indian websites abroad:
- Firstly, sign up with a VPN service provider.
- Download and install the VPN app on your streaming device.
- Launch your VPN app and sign in using your VPN account.
- Now, connect to either a server in India.
- Use the internet with an Indian IP address.
- Access all kinds of Indian-based websites in any place around the world.
#1 NordVPN (2.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 75% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 65% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Best VPN for Unblocking Indian Websites
The best VPN for India is revealed in the following article. In case you don’t feel like going through the entire article, NordVPN is our number one choice. Its connections are fast and stable, and server switching is easy with just a few clicks. Although NordVPN is expensive; the experience is worth the extra cost. It is a highly reliable, functioning, and secure VPN service provider that will meet your expectations.
Using a VPN has many benefits. Not only does connecting to one grant you a new IP address and thus the ability to access geo-restricted content but also the online security and privacy users dream of having. With a VPN, users get to securely access a private network, share data remotely through public networks, and browse the web anonymously. Their traffic is sent through a secure tunnel before it makes its way to other networks. Therefore, the process of connecting to a VPN protects your data and keeps you safe online. There are many advantages to using a VPN, here are some of them:
- Bypass geo-restrictions: With a VPN you can access overseas content by connecting to one of the VPN servers located in the country you choose.
- Save money: You can save money while shopping if you appear to be using an IP of a country where your items are located.
- Online Security: A VPN encrypts all your data and traffic. This keeps you away from malicious and harmful attacks.
- Avoid Monitoring activities: Connecting to a VPN prevents your Internet Service Providers and government from spying on your online activities.
- Speeds up your connection: It stops your ISP from throttling your connection and makes it go faster.
- Online anonymity: A VPN hides your geographical location, which means no one can know who you are online.
List of Popular Indian Websites
Below is a list of the most popular Indian websites:
Read more:How to Watch The Village Season 1 Online
Conclusion -Access Indian Websites Abroad
The process is rather quick and simple. Subscribe to a VPN service provider, connect to a server in India, and gain access to all the websites based there. Take it from us, the best way to unblock sites outside India is to route your internet connection through India by using a VPN service provider. This will not only make you appear to be in India but also protect your privacy and maintain your online security. Bet you didn’t know of all these benefits now did you? What Indian websites do you want to unblock abroad? Let us know in the comment section below.