How to Unblock Facebook in China? China is one among the countries that follow strict internet traffic monitoring policies and it blocks more than 3000 websites from accessing the country. Though people complain about it as capturing their online freedom, nothing can change the government rules except we ourselves bypass it. Only the best VPN can unblock Facebook in China and it can also enable access to Twitter and Instagram. Apart from offering access to such social networking sites, with a VPN in China, we can also enjoy Google services, faster-streaming services and much more.
Access Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in China
The Chinese government has imposed serious bans on the internet usage and started an effective monitoring of the country’s online traffic. This is to ensure those illegal activities such as pornography, defamation of the Chinese government by anonymous online statements, political agitations, etc. For this purpose, they use the world’s technologically advanced Firewall which is the GFW (Great Firewall of China). The point here is we should by some means need to access those restricted websites when we are temporarily in China or when we move permanently to China, etc. There are a few possibilities to achieve this and they are using a Proxy, DNS, and a VPN. Out of the three, only the Virtual Private Networks (VPN) offers us access to Facebook and can unblock Twitter and Instagram in China in a more secure and safe manner. A VPN hides our IP address and offer us anonymity in all our transactions as well. So instead of trying the other unsafe options, it is better to go for a VPN and the list of VPNs we have mentioned is best suited to unblock Facebook in China.
5 Best VPN Services to Unblock Facebook in China
#1 NordVPN (2.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 75% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (2.91$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 58% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Why do I Need a VPN to Access Blocked Websites in China?
In today’s world, people love to share and communicate more rapidly through the internet. Here is the list of websites which are blocked in China and we really are craving for the access to those sites either because of its usability or its popularity.
- Social Networking Websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, are all blocked in China.
- Online streaming services such as Hulu, Pandora, Netflix, Vudu, Spotify, which really makes people feel as if they at home even when they are miles away from their country. Those are also blocked by the Chinese government to stop its popularity in their country and to promote their own streaming services.
- Online Google services such as Google Drive, Google Docs, Youtube, Picasa, Gmail,. Are also blocked in China. Even the most popular Google Search Engine is blocked, and it is a frustrating decision.
To access those websites, obviously, we need a VPN. Because only a VPN can bypass geo-restrictions and can extend our connections with the following qualities.
- VPNs guarantee us uninterrupted connections that are established faster.
- Security and safety in each transaction are notable features of a VPN service.
- VPN ensures that our identity is not let to anyone and hence it ensures anonymous communications to a level up to which we desire.
How a VPN Works to Unblock Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in China?
The GFW block the online traffic based on the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and if it matches a Chinese IP, then the access is blocked. A VPN connects to a server which is away from China and there then it tries to bypass the GFW. Now the GFW recognizes the request being originated from another country and just lets it go and we can unblock Facebook in China. A VPN forms a tunnel between the user and its server in a country (for e.g., Hong Kong) which is away from China. The data we send passes safely through this tunnel and reaches the server at first. From the VPN server, the data is again passed to the Chinese GFW, through a tunnel. Now, the GFW recognizes that the online traffic has risen from Hong Kong (for instance) and not from China. Therefore we can unblock Twitter and Instagram in China apart from other websites such as Facebook etc.
How to Select a VPN to Access Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in China?
There are so many VPN service providers in the market and the responsibility lies with us in choosing the best among them. Here is the list of features that determines the quality of a VPN for unblocking websites in China.
- No logging policy: Certain VPN providers log user’s information for future references. It is better to go for a VPN that logs no data.
- Encryption standard: VPN that supports 128-bit or higher VPN standards is best suited as it ensures the security of data. It is good to choose a VPN that has a balance in encryption standard and security level as more such computations create a lag in communication.
- Protocol Support: A good VPN suited for China should support PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, and OpenVPN protocols. A wide protocol support always grants access to a variety of users.
- Simultaneous Connections: It is better that the VPN provides over one simultaneous connections as number of persons can concurrently use the VPN. The VPNs we have listed provide at least three simultaneous connections.
- Platform and device support: The VPN that is used to evade geo-restrictions should possess platform and device compatibility. The listed VPNs extend its support to platforms such as Windows, Linux, iOS etc. and devices such as PCs, Smartphone, Tablets, etc.
Always check with the above-mentioned list before choosing a VPN for China and we have already simplified your job and presented you the list of VPNs that excel regarding these qualities.
Conclusion- How to Unblock Facebook in China? Access Twitter and Instagram in China
There are instances in which people feel scared to use a VPN thinking that it is illegal. To their surprise, using a VPN is completely legal and no government can file penalties against you for using it. So, do not be scared or get delayed in availing the excellent service and just enjoy the advances made in the communication field.