Highlights of Torguard
- In this TorGuard review we bring you a summary of TorGuard VPN features. TorGuard has 3000+ Servers in over 50+ countries.
- It offers a higher quality of VPN service for a nominal price range.
- The encryption algorithms are mostly of the user’s choice and customer friendly as well.
- Furthermore, TorGuard also offers Private e-mail service means email encryption with Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) and with unlimited storage, for just $6.95 per month.
- Moreover, It also supports BitTorrent client which operates in six-plus different countries.
- It has more than 200 Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to enable anonymous audio or video streaming services. With that IPs, the users can easily access any blocked content around the globe.
- Torguard has more than 1600 servers operating from countries such as Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Indonesia and Vietnam.
- It also enables the Stealth Proxy services through an encrypted Socks5 proxy tunnel and uses handshaking with RSA 2048-bit.
- Torguard offers a 24×7 support with Live Chat facility and the support area has links from the Home page and also from the user account page, email ticketing option is also available for customers.
- Anonymous email service with (PFS) & Unlimited storage
- Stealth servers are available for countries such as China, Iran, and Syria
- It has Zero log policy and absolute Anonymity
- 5 Simultaneous connections option
- Anonymous Bitcoin payment available
- It has servers for BitTorrent client, updated frequently
- Servers optimized for P2P File Sharing
- 3000+ Servers in over 50+ countries
- It offers Unlimited Downloads and Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited Server Switching
- AES-256 bit encryption is supported
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android and iOS etc.
- Also Compatible with VPN routers like DDWRT / Tomato
- High-Speed Connection
- 99.9% uptime
- 24×7 Live Support
- 7 Days Money Back Guarantee
- Torguard is a US based company and it has to go with the country’s legal jurisdictions.
- There is no free trial available for the first time users.
- It uses Hash Authentication SHA-1, which is obsolete now. It would be better than they get updated to at least SHA-2.
- AES-256 bit encryption is offered only on U.S.-Atlanta, Canada-Calgary, and Australia servers.
7 Days Money Back Guarantee
Features of TorGuard
Additionally, Torguard is considered as one of the best trusted virtual private networks, As it secures the user data in every possible manner. Moreover, It passes the data through a tunnel which employs standardised protocols and very strong encryptions. Furthermore, The user can choose the kind of encryption that he or she needs. Hence, The wide variety of encryption options, along with apt protocol usage. Ensures that Torguard is offering a higher security access. The user can also enable the Internet Kill Switch for an added security.
Furthermore, There was a controversy that Torguard has allegedly copied VPN.ac’s geo-API servers for their chrome extension. Because of such a copying, VPN.ac has accused Torguard that it has left its users vulnerable. Additionally, Media has also commented that Torguard failed to implement the key business practices. Also the most important security details. It is very fortunate that as of now all those security flaws were resolved. Hence, Take a look at all the features offered by TorGuard that we have explored in this TorGuard review.
Protocols & Encryption
It uses different kinds of protocols such as OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP. OpenVPN uses SHA-1 for Hash Authentication, and it is almost obsolete now. It is better that Torguard uses at least SHA-2 for Hash Authentication.
The users have choices in the encryption standards that they wish to use for their data transfers. They can use BF or 256-AES or 128-bit Blowfish encryption standards. Currently, AES-256 is offered only on U.S.-Atlanta, Canada-Calgary, and Australia servers. As Blowfish is always vulnerable to attack, it is better that they extend the AES-256 usage to other servers as well.
VPN Lite Client
It has the very basic information and with no unnecessary clutters. It runs very smoothly, and it has built-in webRTC, DNS, and IPV6 protection. We can manually enable Internet Kill Switch by just clicking a checkbox. Here, we can choose either the TCP or UDP protocol. We can also choose our encryption standards, and AES encryption is better than the BF.
VPN Viscosity Client
It supports PPTP and L2TP protocols and is also very easier to use. It always represents the information more visually and graphically. OpenVPN protocol is supported in TorGuard bespoke client. It is always better to use Torguard client even for the OpenVPN protocol.
Stealth VPN Technology to Evade DPI Firewalls
TorGuard has provided optimized and special “Stealth” connections that are the ultimate secure way to bypass Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) firewalls and provide “invisible” VPN access anywhere in the world. Stealth VPN and Stealth Proxy options are provided to all clients without any extra charges and can be accessed by selecting a Stealth enabled server option on the TorGuard client app. This feature is useful to bypass the strict censorship in countries like China, Iran, UAE.
Additional Security Features
IP Leak Protection
TorGuard has no IPV6 leaks and it is excellent in offering the service.
Internet Kill Switch
This option can be enabled in the Settings, and it is extremely useful when we use public wi-fi’s. In the case of disconnection, all our sessions will be closed automatically.
These servers are extremely useful in countries with heavy censorships. Some of them are Iran and China, where Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) Firewalls are used.
Smart DNS Service
It offers faster access to blocked contents and a 100% anonymity when accessed from any device.
It supports five different devices at a time, with a single VPN account.
Pricing & Plans
Our Torguard review reveals that it offers four different kinds of packages even for monthly users. They are an Anonymous proxy, VPN Pro Service, Private Email and Privacy Bundle.
It is most suited for the BitTorrent clients with 200+ IP addresses. It offers torrenting service in more than six countries and supports both SockS5 and HTTP proxies. This package costs around $5.95 per month.
VPN Pro Service
It supports Stealth Servers to bypass all geo-restrictions through SSTP protocol. This package also supports OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP protocols. With more, than 1600 servers in 50+ countries, VPN Pro Service is worth to be taken but it costs around $9.95 per month.
It offers unlimited email storage and a secure G/PGP encryption. The security levels are kept high with Offline email storage and a two-factor authentication. It uses Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) and does not disclose the header IP. It also ensures protection against the MITM attack. This package costs around $6.95 per month.
It is a VPN Pro access with SockS5 Proxy and HTTP Proxy. It offers unlimited speeds and unlimited bandwidth for $11.54 per month.
Dedicated IP addresses and Port forwarding are also offered by TorGuard at $7.99 per month. The same service costs around $18.99 per quarter, $36.99 per half-year and $54.99 per year.
5 Simultaneous connections
It accepts most of the widely used payment options, and it includes Credit cards, Debit cards, Paypal, Union Pay, AliPay, CashU, Visa, Amex, Master Card, Discover, Altcoins, Alipay, PaySafeCards, Gift cards, etc. It also supports the most anonymous online payment option, Bitcoin. While using credit cards, it asks for email, Full name, Billing Address, and a Password. But it works even for a fake name and address. Our TorGuard review confirms that the VPN provider offers the most optimal payment options possible.
Servers and Its locations
Torguard is known for extending its server count and for a vast network that covers every nook and corner of the world. It has 3000+ Servers in over 50+ countries. Some of the countries are Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Indonesia, and Vietnam. It uses dedicated Stealth Servers especially for areas that have web controls, such as China. This stealth server connection is made possible by using a Shadow Socks, Socks5 Proxy. It has exclusive servers optimized for Torrenting services and other servers are kept free for faster browsing and streaming. All of its servers support point-to-point downloading. Take a look at the server locations we summed up in this TorGuard review below.
It is a U.S. based networking company and therefore it has to abide by the legal jurisdictions of the country. But it is registered on the Island of Nevis, in the Caribbean. Nevis was originally a British tax haven and it comes under the jurisdiction and copyright enforcement of the United States. The only drawback is that the links for the Privacy policies and for the Terms of services is kept at the bottom of the Home page and it is very difficult to spot.
Torguard offers a 24×7 customer support and Support Tickets as well. The 24×7 Live Chat facility provides answers to any user, and it is not necessary that the questioning person has to be a signed up user. The tickets are also answered very promptly and professionally and more importantly they are resolved faster. With our TorGuard review, we are sure that it is one of the bests in providing customer support.
Unique Selling Proposition
TorGuard offers four different kinds of packages at optimal prices. This is considered to be its unique selling proposition, apart from offering anonymity in VPN, Proxy and email services. It also supports P2P file sharing and torrenting to a great extent. These are neglected by most VPN providers, but only right VPN provider like the TorGuard considers all those.
Speed and Performance
For the Blowfish encrypted servers, establishing a connection never took more than a minute on a 30MBPS test connection. It sometimes took a lengthier time, that too only for connecting to geographically distant servers. For AES-256 bit encrypted servers, the connections were established relatively slower. However, Youtube, email services, and other browsing services were extremely hassle-free. There were no IPV6 DNS leakage problems with Torguard. Our TorGuard review also finds that there are no WebRTC or DNS leaks associated with it. Therefore, TorGuard is extremely performing well in its arena.
TorGuard is cross-platform compatible, and it supports Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, etc. The Bespoke client is mainly for Windows, OSX, and Linux whereas the Viscosity client is for Windows and OSX only. It offers only PPTP protocol support for Windows, Ubuntu, OSX, iOS, Android, DD-WRT/Tomato and Boxee. There exist good user manuals even for the first time users.
Furthermore, It supports five different devices simultaneously, with one TorGuard account, ranging from computers, tablets, smartphones, wi-fi routers, Xbox, PS and more. Hence, TorGuard has sub-forums for different platforms such as Windows, Android, iOS and more. TorGuard has the Bespoke client for Android 4.0 devices and for the older devices we can download the .apk file.
Hence, These forums help them to capture user’s concerns and thereby to improve their business.
Sign Up Procedure
Finally, The sign-up procedure is as easy as in any other VPN service providers. Hence, The user can follow the simple steps below.
- The user has to choose a package to suit his or her needs.
- From the variety of payment options available with TorGuard, the user can select their own option.
- Furthermore, Once the registration and payment are over. Torguard sends an email to the user to describe how to get started with TorGuard services. It also sends Few more emails to elaborate the various kinds of TorGuard services.
- TorGuard has its own Client API, that is very much interactive and easier to use.
- The user can select their own protocol, encryption in the TorGuard client.
- The Internet Kill Switch in the Settings can add an added security if turned on.
- Once the necessary settings up to the mark, the user is ready to enjoy the services.
TorGuard Review- Final Words
Consequently, TorGuard is extremely good with dedicated servers for both torrenting and streaming services. Moreover, TorGuard offers a free copy of its Viscosity client and a one week trial with money back guarantee. Additionally, The P2P file sharing and the Live Chat facilities are it’s one of a kind feature. However, The only negative that we heard about TorGuard is the alleged copying and implementation of VPN.ac’s API. Apart from that, it is offering better services with a good speed and performance. Hence, With all these in mind, our TorGuard review suggests that it is worth to try its VPN and other services.