How to Watch Live TV on Kodi 17 Krypton? Kodi is a full dose of entertainment if you know how to get the most out of your Kodi TV. Which means you must know how to install Kodi and setup add-ons so that you can enjoy live streaming of your favourite content. However, for Kodi beginners, things get a little complicated when it comes to installation and setup.
Additionally installing the right Kodi add-on is also crucial to enjoying Kodi at its best. In this article, I am going to tell you how can you complete all the required steps to get started with Kodi and how can you Watch Live TV on Kodi 17 Krypton. I have written simple steps how can you setup Kodi to Watch Live TV on Kodi 17 Krypton on any of your streaming device like; PC, Mac, Android, Chromecast, Raspberry Pi, or Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Should I Use VPN on Kodi?
Yes, Using a VPN is recommended while streaming on Kodi. Most of the Kodi add-ons such as; Phoenix, 123Movies, Exodus, SALTS, and Alluc, SportsDevil get all its sources from ‘pirated’ streams. Which means that streaming from any of these add-ons can be considered illegal in some countries. This is the reason using a VPN for Kodi is a good idea to stay safe and anonymous while streaming on Kodi.
Furthermore, Kodi users know there are many Kodi add-ons that are Geo-blocked. However, you can bypass these Geo-restriction and use the best VPN for Kodi to unblock these add-ons without any hassle. Moreover, Kodi is a popular alternative for Windows media centre and it is an Open Source application. Additionally, Kodi also faces restrictions when accessed by users from a foreign country. This is to ensure that the country does not suffer any internet threats and hacks. Though it seems to be legal, it is not a situation that most internet users expect. Thanks to the best Kodi VPN which forms a tunnel between the Kodi user and the accessed server. The data passes through the tunnel are all encrypted and it is anonymous as well. So, it is better to use a VPN for Kodi services to enjoy a safe streaming.
Best VPNs for Kodi
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (3.50$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 29% Discount
Best Live TV Kodi Add-ons in 2017
I am listing down some best Kodi add-on for ultimate live TV streaming. You can install these add-ons and watch Live TV on Kodi 17 Krypton.
- Zattoo Box
- WWW iPlayer
- US TV Now
- PS Vue
- Rai on Demand
- DR TV
How to Watch Live TV on Kodi 17.1 Krypton
Following are the simple steps by which you can install the USTVNow Kodi 17 add-on. It will let you stream live TV channels all across the USA on your Kodi-enabled devices.
STEP ONE: Create USTV Now Account
First, you need to create your free USTV Now account. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Head over to the USTV Now website. Click on ‘Sign Up’.
- This will take to the USTV Now registration page. Enter your email address and click ‘Sign Up’. Do not use the Facebook or Gmail options.
- On the next page, click ‘Continue’.
- Enter your new password, first and last name, as well as your country. Do not choose the USA.
- Check the boxes next to ‘I am a U.S. citizen’ and ‘I agree with terms and conditions’.
- Go to your email’s inbox to confirm your new USTV Now account.
- Congrats! You can now use your account to watch free live US channels on your iPhone, iPad, Android, Roku, PC, or Mac.
STEP TWO: Install USTVNOW Addon on Kodi 17 Krypton
If you want to watch live streaming of ABC, FOX, CBS, PBS, CW, and NBC free live on your Kodi TV then you must install the USTV Now addon. Below are the steps to install USTVNow Addon on Kodi 17 Krypton.
- Open your Kodi app and go to ‘Addons’.
- Choose the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- Now, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Add-ons.
- Click on USTVNow -> Install.
- Wait until you see the USTVNow Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi home screen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left-hand column.
- Click on Video Add-ons.
- All the video add-ons you install, including USTVNow, will appear here.
How to Install USTVNow on Kodi 16.1 Jarvis
In case you have Kodi Jarvis, Here are the steps to install USTVNow on Kodi 16.1 Jarvis.
- Launch Kodi.
- Go to Videos -> Add-Ons
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Get more.
- Choose USTVNow. Click Install.
- An ‘Add-On Enabled’ notification will appear.
- Go back to Videos -> Add-Ons and click on USTVNow.
Final Words-How to Watch Live TV on Kodi 17 Krypton?
Finally, in order to watch live TV on Kodi 17 Krypton or Jarvis, you first need to create a free account on USTVNow. Then you must install the USTVNow add-on on your Kodi app. In the end, never forget to use Kodi with VPN always to stay safe while streaming. VPN not only protects you but also reduce bandwidth throttling by your ISP while streaming online.