Listen to Radio1’s Big Weekend Outside UK: Listening to BBC Radio abroad proved to be a successful attempt with the help of a VPN. This must mean that UK expats can follow the same procedure to stream Radio1’s Big Weekend; outside UK with the help of the same tools. Here are all the details in case you missed the BBC radio guide.
Read more:How to Install the Tesla Build on Kodi
How to Listen to Radio1’s Big Weekend Outside UK
How Can a VPN Help You Listen to Radio 1’s Big Weekend Outside UK?
Did you really think that if you couldn’t attend Big Weekend’s festival in Middlesbrough; you wouldn’t be able to stream it on the Radio? Well, to some extent you were not mistaken. If you’re in the UK; streaming Radio 1’s Big Weekend shouldn’t be a problem. However, if you’re in any place outside the UK borders; accessing the radio station streaming the festival might not be as easy you thought. When international broadcasting is in the big picture; BBC iPlayer’s Radio1 is the way forward.
Britsih expats are definitely missing out due to copyright arrangements and geo-restrictions. BBC had this to say in regards to international access ” Sometimes we might not be able to make certain content available outside of the UK. For example, for rights reasons; we may not be able to broadcast certain sports coverage outside of the UK. Music content may also be restricted to within the UK for rights reasons.” While these restrictions are unfortunate; they’re not a deal breaker. With a virtual private network installed on your streaming device; that situation can be reversed.
Steps to Use a VPN for Listening to Radio1’s Big Weekend
Follow the instructions below to learn how you can listen to Radio1’s Big Weekend outside the UK with a VPN:
- Firstly, sign up with a VPN service provider.
- Next, download and install the VPN on your PC, iOS, Mac, Android device.
- Launch your VPN app and sign in using your VPN account.
- Now, connect to a UK VPN server. This will grant you a British IP.
- Finally, visit Radio 1 and stream Big Weekend wherever you may be.
NordVPN is a very popular VPN in the industry thanks to its excellent services; optimized servers, and fast speeds. Moreover, it gives you access to servers in over 90 countries so you will be able to circumvent restrictions; enjoy access to the content you desire wherever you may be. For other VPN service providers; make sure you check out the list below.
#1 NordVPN (2.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 75% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 65% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
List Of Performances At the Festival
It has already been announced;that Teesside singer-songwriter James Arthur will play a homecoming gig at the festival. Additionally, Khalid, Zara Larsson, and Mabel will also be among the acts appearing at Teesside.
- Mumford and Sons
- Miley Cyrus
- Little Mix
- Zara Larsson
- The 1975
- Ellie Goulding
- Rita Ora
- James Arthur
- Vampire Weekend
- Pale Waves
- Bring me the Horizon
- Lewis Capaldi
- Jess Glynne
- Sean Paul
- Charlie XCX
- Catfish and the Bottlemen
- Sam Fender
- Billie Eilish
- Tow Door
- Cinema Club
- The Amazons
- Jax Jones
Read more:How to Install the Samurai Build on Kodi
Conclusion -Listen to Radio1’s Big Weekend Outside UK
With huge names like the ones mentioned above already confirmed to perform at the festival, many more artists and bands are expected to be announced later on. The festival is scheduled to take place on Saturday 25 May and Sunday 26 May 2019 in Middlesbrough. So, if you can’t show up in person, you can always use a VPN to stream the Big Weekend on Radio 1 anywhere in the world.