Which is the Safest VPN Services in 2018? The usage of VPN is getting increased day-by-day and it is not just happening just like that. There should be a stronger reason for a larger crowd of people to choose VPNs. When we analyze and consider the statistical information from these VPN users. It is clear that they expect complete security from online threats and only the Safest VPN can offer such protection. In this article, I am going to review the Safest VPN services. I have selected these VPNs on the basis of their security and privacy features, location, users feedback and performance test for the year 2017.
Safest VPN Services in 2018
Furthermore, as we all know there exist a lot of VPN service providers in the market. Hence, only certain VPNs guard against hacking and other kinds of digital attacks.
Safest VPN Review- List
Here is the list of VPN services which are ranked as the Safest VPN services in 2017. The list descends on the basis of performance, speed, security level, number of servers, VPN client etc.
1. NordVPN-Affordable Yet Reliable VPN Service
- Double encryption for added security
- 1114 Servers in 61 Countries
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- Torrenting and P2P Allowed on Many Server
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- It offers IKEv2/IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, IPSec
- Military-grade AES 256-bit Encryption
- 30-days money back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
- No refunds for Bitcoin facility
The website could be even better because we could not search for a particular feature or facility. We need to either read FAQ or contact the help desk for every question.
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider and hence it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Hence, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. The speed of NordVPN ranges from 5 Mbps in the U.K to 2 Mbps in the U.S and is known for its faster connections except for a few latencies. It has 1114 Servers in 61 Countries.
2. ExpressVPN – Most Secure & Reliable VPN
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Endless Server Switches
- 99.99% Uptime
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zlogs log keeping the policy of internet activities
- 145+ servers in 94+ countries
- Amazing Referral Program which brings 30 days of free service on every sign-up
- 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- No Free Trial Offer
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry with its supreme quality VPN performance during the past seven years. It attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty due to services that are beyond comparison. Hence, that is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. Additionally, ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ. That is the reason for unbelievably consistent and uninterrupted connection performance of ExpressVPN.
Most noteworthy, with its extensive network of more than hundreds of sustainable and stable servers, expanded in more than 94 countries of the world. Which enhance users’ connectivity options from anywhere anytime according to their usage and need. It has specialized and dedicated Apps for all the Operating Systems like Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, etc. and compatible with all the devices like PC, MacBook, iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablets, etc.
3. CyberGhost VPN – VPN with Many Servers
- 1000+ servers in 32 countries
- Uses AES 256 Encryption
- Uses 2048 Key & MD5 Authentication
- Supports OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec, and PPTP
- Anonymous Surfing
- Unblocks Geo-specific contents
- Automatic Wi-Fi security
- Supports Anonymous Torrents
- Live Customer Support
- DNS & IP Leak Protection
- Restricted Live chat working hours
CyberGhost VPN was previously a Roman-based VPN service provider and now it is based in Israel. It was launched in 2009 and since its inception; the CyberGhost VPN is excelling in their offerings. With servers in 32 countries and at 1000+ locations, it is said to offer fairly faster connections. The partial support to P2P is quite different from that of the other VPN service providers.
4. Private Internet Access – Cheap & Reliable VPN
- 3253 servers in 36 locations across 25 countries
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Compatible with Mac, Linux, Windows, Android, iOS, etc
- 5 Simultaneous Connection Option
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
- No Free Trial
Private Internet Access is a popular VPN service loved and admired by millions of users all around. Additionally, PIA believes in best service with the best price. Hence, that makes it stand out in the VPN industry with great customer satisfaction. Most noteworthy, PIA VPN service provides you with unbeatable internet security and privacy. Furthermore, with its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers for an end-to-end protection. Additionally, it offers amazing features of Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm, Firewall to block unwanted content and identity protection to keep all the hackers, spammers and keep snoopers away from your network.
5. Ivacy VPN – Less Price and High-Performance VPN
- 100% Private & Anonymous Internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- 5 Simultaneous Connection Option
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Limitless Server Switching
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- 200+ Servers in 50+ Countries
- Split tunnelling feature
- 99% Uptime with unlimited speed
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- P2P file-sharing support in 100+ Geo-Locations
- Zero-log VPN Service
- Internet kill switch
- Automatic & Smart Purpose Selection
- Vigilant 24/7 Customer Support via Live chat etc.
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
- No Free Trial Offer
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Furthermore, in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature hence, became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature. Most noteworthy, Ivacy is a Hong Kong-based company with millions of happy customers around the globe. It is all due to the affordability and excellent service because of its reliable security and privacy features.
How to Select the Safest VPN in 2018?
A short research before any purchase of a VPN service is a quality of a good buyer. Here I am recommending you the top VPN service providers. It will let you know how you must select the best VPN service. Hence our tech experts have gathered some points to keep in mind before making any purchase of a VPN service.
VPN providers use different security protocols to encrypt your data while sending and receiving them for a secure protocol it must be over 256-bits. PPTP works on 128-bits but allows you better streaming but less security than L2TP/IPSec and SSTP which works on 256-bits encryption protocol which is high-end security and highly recommended for your security needs and keep yourself safe from hackers, spammer, and other cyber threats (get the best encrypted VPN services). You must choose the best VPN service we have recommended you here that offers highest security protocols, however sometimes for faster-streaming, security can be compromised for better speed, but we don’t recommend that do it at your risk.
Log Policy of a VPN Service
VPN providers must offer no-log keeping the policy for their users. Nobody wants to be secretly monitored by their ISP or their surveillance agencies. The best VPN services never keep logs of their users’ online activity history.
Number of Server Locations
The highly demanding server locations by VPN users all around the world are UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Europe, China, etc. The best service must provide you with enough servers for each location we mentioned above so to avoid any delay in performance after connecting to such heavy-loaded server locations. The best VPN services we have recommended you here have the largest number of servers in the mentioned locations of USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Europe, and China.
Torrenting and P2P file sharing option
The best VPN service that we recommend in the above list of best VPN in December 2017, must allow you to access Torrenting and P2P file sharing sites a must to look for the feature because you need that to download your educational stuff, entertainment files, training videos, movies, TV shows, in short, whatever you need to download.
IP, DNS and WebRTC Leak Test
Make sure that your VPN service provider must not just claim, but hides your online identity and provides you anonymity while surfing the internet and does not leak your real IP when you are connected and assume that you are anonymous. The best VPN services allow you high-end security and give you the protocol by which your original IP address remains completely safe and confidential. When your VPN is secure, enough it will provide you protection against IP, DNS and WebRTC leaks. You can simply check it by connecting your VPN on and the visit www.ipleak.net. If you can see your IP or your ISP’s IP here, it means your VPN is not secure enough, and you are not anonymous while surfing the internet (you can know more about it in our comprehensive guide to IP, DNS and WebRTC leaks).
Simultaneous Connection Feature
This VPN feature allows you to connect VPN on more than one device at the same time. We know that we all own more than one computing device to connect to the internet depends on our mood and need, a desktop PC, a laptop, smartphone, a tablet, etc. So the Best VPN in December 2017 must allow you to connect with more than one device with one VPN account at the same time. Our top recommended VPN services allow you to connect 3 to 5 devices maximum with one VPN account.
Automatic Internet Kill Switch Feature
This feature enables you to disconnect the internet connection when somehow the VPN connection drops. The Internet kill switch saves you from any possible IP leak while connected to the internet when VPN connection drops.
Advantages of using the Safest VPN
Additionally, only the VPN providers which use strong technical support regarding security can offer us awesome connections. The following are the advantages of using such a VPN network.
- No Data loss or Data theft
- Can carry out transaction even with public Wi-Fis.
- Wraps the session details inside a tunnel which is also encrypted.
- Evade-Geo restrictions.
- Faster and secure access together.
Conclusion-Safest VPN Services in 2018
Consequently, no other technology can provide us with such a secure access as a VPN can offer us. Furthermore, besides security with its top-notch encryptions, VPNs we have mentioned are considered being gaining customer satisfaction with their additional features such as privacy and anonymity.