The global crackdown against torrent sites isn’t something new now. Many of the countries across the globe have started taking strict actions against torrent sites and torrenters. Consequently, India also doesn’t lag behind and working torrent websites in the country is shrinking day by day. According to an estimated report, nearly 830 sites have been turned down by the Indian ISPs like Vodafone, Airtel, MTNL, etc.; including popular sites like The Pirate Bay, KickAss Torrents, and TorrentHound. There is the only way to work around this internet censorship in India; that’s by using a VPN. So, read this guide to learn how to unblock torrent sites in India with VPN.(Also see, 5 Best VPN for Torrenting-Download Torrents Anonymously).
Avail 70% Discount
How to Unblock Torrent Sites in India with VPN
- Firstly, sign up with a good VPN service from the list given below. Beware of the free VPNs such as Hola; because they can affect your online privacy and do not work well in various cases.
- After signing up, download and install the VPN software from your provider’s website.
- Open the software and connect to the server of Torrent friendly nations like Spain or Netherlands.
- Now that you have successfully concealed your original IP address, you can head over to any blocked torrent website like KickAss Torrent or The Pirate Bay.
Not only VPN allows you to unblock torrent websites in India; but also gives you complete web anonymity and data security. This means, as long as you are using VPN connection, nobody can snoop you and trace your online activity.(Also check, How To Check Your Torrent IP Address)
Best VPNs To Unblock Torrent Sites In India With VPN
Once you install the VPN app on your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android, connect to a VPN server where the blocked website you want to access is not blocked. (Anywhere other than UK, Australia, China). Make sure the VPN provider you sign up with does not keep logs or cap your traffic. Below is a list of the best VPN providers you can use to unblock torrent sites and streaming portals blocked in India.
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Blocked Torrent Websites By Indian ISPs
Airtel, Vodafone, MTNL and other Indian ISPs have banned access to the following sites.
The Pirate Bay
What’s A VPN?
Undoubtedly, VPN is widely known in India for the effective privacy it offers. But, still, there’s a vast population of India, that’s still live under the rock and do not know about VPN technology.
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network; a famous and effective cyber-security tool that also helps users evade the internet censorship and geo-blocking. It works by masking user’s original IP address and assign a fake IP address of the desired location. This means when the user connects to any VPN, it makes the rest of the internet world unable to detect the real IP address of the user and so the location. Since website server blocks the access by checking the IP address, telling them the location of the user. But, with a fake IP address of some nation where that website isn’t blocked, the server quickly grants the access and this is how VPN fools around and bypass geo-blocking.
Moreover, VPN provides you with the high level of internet security by routing all your internet traffic through an encrypted tunnel; that nobody can intercept. VPN also enables you to surf the web anonymously. Providing you, even more, privacy online.(Also read, How to Select a Secure Torrent VPN?)
Conclusion -How to Unblock Torrent Sites in India with VPN?
VPN comes handy for all those who value their internet privacy and freedom over a few penny. If you are one of those; then VPN is the right choice for you. But, make sure, you choose the VPN wisely and do your research before signing up for any random provider.
*Disclaimer: This guide is only meant for pedagogical purposes. We do not in any way encourage, any unlawful or criminal activity. Your actions are solely your responsibility.