Kodi Users and Net Neutrality: If you are a Kodi user, then you must be worried about the recent Net neutrality repeal by the FCC. Which means nowt he age of the free internet, equal bandwidth distribution and unrestricted access is over. In the eyes of ISPs, the users are no longer equal. Hence, if you don’t want to get throttled by your ISP while using Kodi you need to do something about it. Furthermore, in this article, I am going to show why Kodi users must use a VPN now after the Net neutrality repeal. As it is no more an option but a need for all the streaming lovers on Kodi app. Hence, using a Kodi VPN helps you a lot. It will hide your location and enable you to access Kodi streams with better bandwidth. You will be able to access the restricted streams as well.
Why must Kodi Users Use a Kodi VPN to Bypass the Net Neutrality?
A burning question for Kodi users and Net neutrality, Why you should be worried? If you are a Kodi user it is natural you are not happy with the FFC decision to repeal net neutrality. However, if you are worried about how to bypass net neutrality, then I would say don’t panic. Fortunately, we have a workaround for this; A Kodi VPN. Additionally, I’ve always recommended using a Kodi VPN service to protect your privacy while streaming online. However, in case of repealing net neutrality VPN usage is not just a recommendation, it will become a need.
Furthermore, the question is in the air these days; Can a VPN get around net neutrality? Yes, it can. Net neutrality VPN usage will hide your IP and hence your ISP cannot restrict you anymore. This way restoring net neutrality VPN will be your last saviour. No DNS leaks and no logging will protect user privacy from your ISP and enable the Kodi user to stream hassle free.
How To Bypass Net Neutrality Using a VPN?
Most noteworthy, a VPN provides a different geo-server and connects directly. Hence, DNS leaks are at the lowest. VPN has an edge over other services like TOR, proxy, SmartDNS etc because of the number of servers it has and the encryption feature.
Use a VPN to Unblock Add-ons and Stay Safe on Kodi
Using VPN to mask your IP address on your Kodi app has several benefits.
Additionally, you can use a VPN to hide your real IP address on your Kodi app for many good reasons;
- Kodi users know there are many Kodi add-ons that are Geo-blocked. However, you can bypass these Geo-restriction and use the best VPN for Kodi to unblock these add-ons without any hassle.
- VPN also allows you to unblock geo-restricted Kodi add-ons. Watch BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO GO, ITV, Discovery, ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC, Hotstar, and many more.
- All your Kodi streaming activities cannot be traced back to your ISP.
- Hiding your IP on Kodi app, especially if you live in a country where Kodi pre-loaded boxes can be considered illegal.
Best VPNs for Kodi
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (3.50$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 29% Discount
Kodi Users and Net Neutrality: Why Kodi Users Should Worry About Net Neutrality Rule Roll Back- Final Words
Consequently, after this cruel decision of net neutrality repeal, there is a war between Kodi users and Net neutrality. All of the other online privacy experts are not happy with as well. Things got worse after FCC made that decision despite huge opposition. However, if you want to close all the loopholes then using TOR with a VPN is the best choice. Better encryption, IP anonymity, the extensive number of servers and privacy protection; everything will be covered.