The 2020 Australian Open is going to start in just a few weeks, and we are eager to see how the first Grand Slam of the year goes. We are also going to watch the whole thing online, and we invite you to find the best way for you to do this as well.
The first time the Australian Open was held was back in 1905, so this will mark 115 Years of the Australian Open. However, due to the event not taking place several years, this will be only the 98th Edition.
Everyone is super excited to see who’s going to take the crown home this year; following last year’s Novak Djokovic win in the Men’s Singles, and Naomi Osaka’s win at the Women’s Singles. This year’s top three seeds for the men’s section are Novak Djokovic; Rafael Nadal, and Rodger Federer, with a very little surprise. The women’s top seeds are Simona Halep, Angelique Kerber, and Caroline Wozniacki.
Read more: How to Watch Ellen’s Game of Games
The event will take place in Melbourne Australia, at the Melbourne Park, across multiple courts.
When and Where to Watch the Australian Open?
The Australian Open is scheduled to kick off on January 20th,2020, and it will conclude on February 2nd, 2020. In the United States, you’ll be able to watch the whole thing on the ESPN channels. The Tennis Channel also has rights for the event, but there are currently no details about exactly what content they’ll be broadcasting. We’ll be updating with more information when we know more.
Due to the massive time zone difference between the United States and Australia; viewers in the United States will actually watch the games a day before the official date we mentioned.
What’s the Schedule for the Australian Open?
This year, the schedule for the Australian Open has already been decided; even though we don’t know yet who will be playing each round. All in all, here is the schedule as currently available.
How Can I Live Stream the Australian Open?
In recent years, it has become easier than ever to enjoy content online, without cable, because there are so many platforms to help you do this. The Australian Open is broadcast by ESPN channels, which makes things even easier. In fact, the best way you can watch the Australian Open is through Hulu, which is a great platform that carries a single bundle of channels. Besides the main channel, you can also add a couple of channel packs if you’re looking for more content.
However, Hulu is a channel that broadcasts in select markets only, so even when using a live TV service, you need to live in an area that has coverage. If that’s not the case for you, you can use a VPN to change your IP address so that you appear to be in a different city.
Follow the steps below to use a VPN for watching the Australian Open:
- Choose a VPN service provider that has fast servers in the U.S.
- Then, download and install the VPN app on your streaming device.
- Now, sign in using your VPN account and launch the VPN application.
- Look for a server in the U.S. and connect to it to obtain an American I.P. address.
- With the American I.P., you get to access Hulu.
Best VPN to Watch the Australian Open
In case you are not sure which VPN to opt for, check out our curated list of best VPN below:
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.91$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 84% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Read more: How to Watch Pick of the Litter
Conclusion – Watch the Australian Open
There you have it! VPN has made accessing geo-restricted content a breeze. But, not all VPNs are as good as the best VPN we listed above. So, make sure you pick the one with fast and reliable servers in the U.S. to help you stream with peace. Happy Streaming!