England and Australia are meeting again to decide who can hold The Ashes 2022. But if you’re living outside Australia or the UK, you might miss this legendary cricket series.
However, there’s a way that can help you watch the two historic rivals against each other. Read on to know how you can do so.
Using a VPN or Virtual Private Network, you can watch every Test match that will define the legendary series. Use our easy guide to help you watch The Ashes from anywhere in the world.
Read more: How to Watch Room 104 Outside the US
How to Watch the UK Broadcast on Sky Sports
To watch The Ashes on Sky Sports:
- Select a high-speed VPN service provider with UK servers (we recommend NordVPN for cricket). Sign up and download the app.
- Start the app, log in, and select a server in the UK.
- Visit www.skysports.com and create an account.
- Go to www.sky.com and link your Sky account to your account. You will require your Sky account number.
- When you are all set, log into Sky Sports and enjoy!
How to Watch the Australia Broadcast on Channel 9
Channel 9 airs The Ashes in Australia. To access The Ashes on Channel 9:
- Choose a high-speed VPN service provider, having servers in Australia (we recommend NordVPN for streaming cricket). Subscribe and download the VPN app.
- Launch the VPN app, log in, and pick a server in Australia.
- Go to www.9now.com.au and subscribe.
- Visit 9Now and stream The Ashes!
Why You Need a VPN to Watch The Ashes
The Ashes is the most prestigious tournament in Test cricket. You surely wish to know how the series unwinds. But blocks are stopping you from watching the matches.
It is due to the fact that the broadcasters are usually obliged to block their streams from anybody, living outside their country. So, if you want to watch The Ashes, you will need to look like you’re in the same region as the broadcaster. And this where a VPN comes in handy.
Upon connecting to a VPN, it allows you to select the location your network traffic goes through. Then, when you reach to the broadcaster, they view that VPN server as your location. Then they will let you watch their stream.
But this is not the only thing a VPN does for you. It also secures your internet data while you are online.
A VPN encrypts your data traffic between your device and their server. That shields your data from anybody attempting to spy on your online activity. With lots of people and agencies looking for ways to steal your information, that’s some reassuring peace of mind.
Keep this in mind that choosing a high-quality VPN is very important. It is because the broadcasters often get to identify the low-quality VPN and block them right away. A high-quality VPN server masks itself more efficiently, helping you circumvent geo-restrictions. It also renders you better encryption and hence better data protection.
Best VPNs for Watching The Ashes
If you are not sure which VPN you should use to watch The Ashes anywhere in the world, check our curated list below:
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Conclusion –How to Watch The Ashes Anywhere in the World
There you have it. Using a high-quality VPN is the easiest and most secure way to work around the geo-blocks. The list we shared above is of all the tested and tried VPN services that we safely recommend to our readers. Let us know your feedback in the comments below.