How to Change your IP Address on UC Browsers: As grand as it is, the internet is not that safe to go around and surf in without proper caution. When you go online, your IP Address is your identity. That means it provides information about its users in terms of continent, country, and the city the device is located in. UC browsers have been one of the top ways to approach the internet. Although they ensure security, speed, and amazing features, one can’t be too careful. In this guide, I’m going to show you how to change your IP address for a safer browsing experience. Follow my lead.
Read more: Best VPN for ZDF
Avail 70% Discount
How to Change your IP Address on UC Browsers
IP addresses are a bit daunting. While you can change your DNS settings on any device, IP addresses cannot be changed manually. Whatever you get from your ISP stays the same. Well, that’s until you learn how to use a VPN. A Virtual Private Network is an internet tool that redirects your internet traffic through a server of your choosing in a selected country. Once connected, you’ll hide your IP address and take on a new one in that region. It’s very simple, you guys. Just follow the steps below and learn how to mask your IP address on UC Browsers:
- First, you need to check your current IP by using this identifier.
- I’m currently in the US, and this is my IP address.US IP Address
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN service. Best try what I’m using, NordVPN.
- Download and install the VPN client on the device you’re using. You can do so on their website by choosing the icon that represents your platform.
- Launch the VPN application and sign in with your VPN account
- Now, head over to the server list.
- Choose a server. I’m going to pick a Canadian server as an example.
- Click on Connect.
- Wait a bit, and you’ll be informed when the connection takes place.
- If you want to double check your new IP, visit the IP Checker you used before.
- This is what you get, Canadian IP Address
- You’ve successfully changed your IP address on a UC Browser.
NordVPN is one of the top VPN providers to use for such a task. However, although it’s ranked number 1 worldwide, other VPN services are worth looking into. You can check the top VPNs for UC Browsers in the list below.
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Why Change Your IP Address on UC Browsers?
You might ask yourself: Why should anyone hide their IP address? The answer is very simple. As I mentioned before, the internet is not a safe place to walk around in without having a security companion on your side; I’m talking about a VPN. Whenever you visit a page, your IP address gets exposed. It provides more than enough info for hackers to harvest your information and figure out your exact location. Not only that, but there are other things your current IP deprives you of. Yeah, I’m talking about channels available in other regions that are not accessible in yours.
The best way to change your IP address is by using a VPN; otherwise, you’ll be stuck with what your territory has to offer. I already told you that NordVPN will always have your back when you’re online. Once you connect to a server, you’ll be able to do the following.
Before we begin, I must say that the website or IP verifier I mentioned above is legit. Don’t go around checking random websites that show your IP address. They might be a spamming URL that will get you exposed to cybercrime. Most bloggers get in trouble for what they have to say on social media. Have you ever wondered how they get caught in the first place? No, it’s not just because they post their name along with their blogs, it’s because their IP address showcases their whereabouts.
I’m not saying this to encourage hate speech and the likes, no. I’m just telling you that you’re free to express yourself without having to face the consequences later on. Some countries don’t allow freedom of speech, which is a bit frustrating. When you use a VPN and hide your IP address, you’ll be able to surf the web anonymously. Not even your ISP can monitor what you do online.
All you have to do is hit the connect button on your VPN’s app. Once done, you’ll be able to say whatever you want (with limits) without having to worry about who’s watching. Go ahead, live the online experience to the max.
Bypass Regional Restrictions
Since I connected to a Canadian server, as shown above, I’ll be talking about Canada. Streaming channels are the best way to catch up on the latest movies, series, and news around the world. However, these services are not available everywhere as each, and every one of them are restricted to a certain country. For example, in the US, you have the likes of Hulu, HBO Now, and CW TV, while in Canada, you can access channels such as TSN, CTV, and more.
Before they allow you access, they examine your IP address to determine whether you’re within their area of coverage or not. If you’re not, you’ll be blocked on the spot. Take TSN for instance; this is what happens when you access its website abroad: “Content not available for viewing in your region.”
That’s before I connect to a Canadian server. Once I do, the geo-error message will no longer appear, and I’ll be able to stream TSN while living in the United States.
You already saw how I moved to Canada with a push of a button, no? Yeah, you can easily do that as well. This example doesn’t limit you to Canadian channels. You can change your IP to whatever country your VPN supports. That way, you’ll be able to access geo-restricted channels from all over the world.
Read more:Best VPN for Maine
Conclusion – Change your IP Address on UC Browsers
UC Browser happens to be one of the top browsers anyone could ever wish for, especially those who browse the web constantly. What gives it an advantage against all the other browsing applications is that you can download videos at will. It’s very easy to use and very fast as well. Guys, I said this already, and I’ll keep on doing so if I have to, no matter how safe you think you are, the internet can be very messy sometimes. You don’t know who’s lurking around with bad intentions in mind. Keep yourself safe while browsing the web. The only way you can do that is by investing in a credible VPN and hide your IP address from the public.