Is it feasible to stream Amazon Prime Video on Chromecast using your iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac or PC? Streaming services have been achieving popularity globally. The wide variety of TV shows, movies, documentaries, and the privilege to watch them anytime and anywhere have got people hooked on services like Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Of course, they aren’t free of cost and need a little technical knowledge to get commenced; but that hasn’t prevented people – especially the young generation – from streaming their favourite shows on their PCs or mobile devices and liking them on the go.
Avail 70% Discount
Is It Possible To Stream Amazon Prime Video On Chromecast?
If you have a Google Chromecast, you have presumably seen that you aren’t capable of streaming Amazon Prime videos on it.
The purpose? Amazon itself says that Android and Chromecast are unsupportive with Amazon Prime and Instant Video services. This is bad news for Prime subscribers who need to stream shows on Chromecast. Most of them think that they must buy Amazon’s Fire TV or Fire TV Stick to be capable of watching Instant and Prime Videos. But there is a way out.
How To Stream Amazon Prime Video On Chromecast?
This must come as music to your ear that you don’t require any extra devices to stream Amazon Prime; if you already own an Android TV or Chromecast device, or just a PC with a Chrome browser. By ensuring a few easy steps; you get to stream your favourite Prime shows on the device at no extra cost. Here’s how to stream Amazon Prime Video on Chromecast:
- Requirements: You will need a Chromecast device, and connect it to your PC or laptop that’s connected to the same network and using Google’s Chrome browser. This article assumes you already have a Prime membership because without that it isn’t possible to access Prime videos.
- From your Chrome browser go to your Amazon Prime account on Amazon.com. After clicking on the Prime drop-down arrow, select Watch.
- The video you choose will automatically start playing unless you have a playlist. Pause the video while we connect it to the Chromecast device.
- In your Chrome browser; find the Chromecast icon in the upper right-hand corner. After clicking on it; select your Chromecast device from the list. From the Cast to drop down menu select Cast Tab.
- The video will start playing on the screen you chose for your Chromecast device.
- The Cast tab has many options that you can use to set your viewing preferences. First off, you get three video qualities to choose from Standard (480p); High (720p), or Extreme Quality (this is also 720p, but has a higher bitrate). To access settings, you have to click on the Cast button, and then click the ‘settings’ button (that looks like a gear). You can not only change streaming quality but also mute and unmute the sound with the help of the volume button. Since there is no option in the Cast tab to adjust the volume level; you have to use your TV remote for that.
Since Chromecast works for almost all streaming sites; you can stream any videos with it, irrespective of format or quality. To end the session, just close your browser window, or select Stop Casting from the Cast button.
Best VPN for Amazon Prime Video
Similarly to Netflix; Amazon Prime Video offers subscribers different movies and TV shows depending on the region the users currently reside in. The American Amazon Instant Video version is by far the best due to the extensive library of video content available to stream. If you currently live outside the USA; you can use VPN to unblock American Amazon Prime. Here are the best VPN service providers you can use to access geo-blocked content from abroad.(Also check, 5 Best Cheap VPN Services for 2017)
List of Best VPNs to Stream Amazon Prime Video On Chromecast
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (3.50$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 29% Discount
Final Words- How To Stream Amazon Prime Video On Chromecast?
Hence, the guide above is so simple, you can do it in no time. Don’t forget to use a secure and fast VPN whenever you stream a Geo-restricted channel. A VPN not only unblock restricted channels from anywhere. It also provides encryption for your internet traffic for a secure online browsing.