Download Spotify Lite Anywhere in the World: Can you imagine seeing comments on Facebook by friends living abroad gloating about having the latest apps? Yeah, that happened to me with those who have access to Spotify Lite in their region. I get stuck with maximum data consumption, while they get the light, easy way around. To be honest, I didn’t take it as gloating, I took it as a challenge, and I managed to get it. Don’t worry; I’ll show you everything you need in this guide. Here’s how you can download Spotify Lite from anywhere.
Avail 70% Discount
What is Spotify Lite?
In simple terms, Spotify Lite is a simplified version of the Spotify app. It has a similar look, feels, but with a few key differences. I told you before that I managed to get the app in my region, but let me talk about the platform itself first. When I downloaded it, I wasn’t that impressed since it looked the same. However, once I figured out the reason why this app existed for, I instantly changed my mind.
First, if you’re worried about your premium account, you’d be happy to learn that you can use it on Lite and Spotify simultaneously. The company aims to offer a lighter app that targets low-end smartphones with slow internet connections not to replace the other. They both can be present on your device, which is pretty useful as you get to choose whichever suits your needs best.
You may ask yourself: Why would I go through the trouble of downloading all my music again? Who said you have to do that? Guys, any changes you make on your account (saved music, playlists, etc.) when using Spotify Lite will be updated on the main Spotify app, and vice-versa. So, don’t worry, it’s all there.
If you’re missing “Your Library” in the Lite version, it’s now called Favorites, don’t panic. For the time being, you can find and download Spotify Lite from the Google Play Store. If you own an old Android phone, Spotify Lite weighs only 15MB. That’s really good. Yes, yes, I did only mention Google Play. The app is only available on Android phones, for the time being. We don’t know if it’s getting an iOS release in the near future.
If you go to the Settings menu, you’ll notice that it’s rather bare-bones. You don’t have that many options to choose from. Let’s take a look at what this simplified version of the Spotify app can offer:
- You can check how much mobile data the app used.
- Set a monthly data use limit. Choose between 250MB, 500MB, 750MB, 1GB, 2GB, and 3GB.Monthly Limit
- You get to choose the songs’ quality: Basic, Normal, High, Very High.
- You’ll be able to delete all your downloads from the Settings Page.
- Finally, you’ll notice that the original player isn’t that different from the Lite one.
- There are a lot of differences between the two apps. I’ll be talking about that later on in the article.
Spotify launched its Lite version in hopes of expanding its reach to regions where Internet connections are slow, and people tend to use low-end-to-mid-range devices. However, just as App Stores lack the app itself due to device incompatibility, the app also didn’t see the light in some regions around the world. To give you a slight idea, Spotify Lite is available in 36 markets so far. We hope that soon it would expand that range more. But for now, that’s all we get. Here are the countries that you can get Spotify Lite in:
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
How to Get Spotify Lite in Unsupported Regions
In order to download Spotify Lite in a country where it’s not available, you need to change your Google Store’s region. Luckily, you can do so with the help of a VPN. A Virtual Private Network is an internet tool that redirects your internet traffic through a server in a certain country. Of course, you’re the one who has to choose the server. Once you connect, you’ll connection will flow through that server and you’ll appear as if you’re browsing in that region.
Let’s say you live in England. The application isn’t available there to download. All you have to do is connect to a server in one of the countries I mentioned above, and you’ll be able to download the app.
Here’s a more comprehensive walkthrough:
- First, you need to sign up with a VPN provider. You’ll find dozens on the market, but NordVPN is the one that got me Spotify Lite in my country.
- Next, get their application through Google Play or their official website.
- Install it on your Android device and sign in with your VPN account.
- Connect to a server where Spotify Lite is available (See list above).
- Now, when the connection is established, head over to your Android Settings and press on Apps.
- Keep scrolling until you find Google Play, choose that.
- Now, Force Stop the application and clear Cache and Data.
- Head back to Google Play Store.
- According to the country you’ve chosen, you’ll get a valid currency.
- Now, search for Spotify Lite.
- Enjoy what’s small, fast, but just as loud.
- You have a lot of other top VPNs for Spotify to choose from. Check them out in the list below.
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (3.50$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 29% Discount
Spotify vs Spotify Lite
We’re all familiar with what other companies did; after all, Spotify isn’t the first one to introduce a Lite version. Facebook Messenger did that as well as Youtube. However, these companies managed to maintain major features compared to their older siblings. Spotify, on the other hand, seems to have missed the target a bit.
Although Spotify Lite is very convenient for those who are using older versions of Android mobiles, something doesn’t feel right. It seems that Spotify has also cut down on a lot of key functionality as well. The problem is that several of the features that make Spotify, well, Spotify, aren’t appearing in Spotify Lite. Let me give you an example.
If you’re using Spotify Lite, you won’t be able to download and listen to your favorite songs in offline mode. In other words, no Offline Playback. That seems some-what counterintuitive don’t you think? I mean the app is designed for data savers? Isn’t offline mode the ultimate way to do that?
If you open the player, you’ll notice that the Shuffle button has been removed. Don’t know why, but that’s a feature I would like to keep, thank you. Furthermore, Spotify Connect is also nowhere to be found. That means you won’t be able to use Wi-Fi and listen to your music on other devices such as home surround sound systems and more.
One more thing that bothered me is that when I swiped down the quick settings menu, the “Previous” button was missing. You get the “Like” button instead, which is not very important for quick access.
Conclusion -Download Spotify Lite Anywhere in the World
Spotify Lite offers the same experience as the usual Spotify application. A few options are missing here and there, but it’s the next best thing for those with less data-intensive cell plans. Although it’s available in specific countries, you can get it wherever you are if you use a VPN. Enjoy Spotify Lite guys. Let me know what you think about this simplified app in the comment section below.