Best VPN for uPlay: Started back in 2012; Uplay is Ubisoft’s variant of a gaming platform that facilitates the users to build teams; find new litigants, and even get rewards once they attain certain milestones in their particular games. The service is accessible on a broad range of platforms and devices; such as the PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox One & 360, PlayStation 3, iOS, Android and Windows.
A lot of chaos surrounding the initial release of the platform; with most users claiming that it greatly meddles what they’re already used to; but for those that have taken the time to espouse it, there’s very little to gripe about.
Who is to Blame for Lag in Gaming?
This gaming platform comes with powerful features, such as the ability to use or spend the awards collected in one game, or another one. This is great as it gives a lifeline in case your current in-game situation doesn’t look so sound, but there may be a difficulty you’ll have to deal with particularly if your Internet connection isn’t as secure as it should be. An unstable network implies you’ll have to experience moments where the gaming platform hangs or stops responding altogether.
This might cost you a lot since whenever it occurs, the odds are high that it’s only happening on your side, implying you’ll lose out on the ability to control your character in the face of imminent danger as the game proceeds.
Many gamers impute the game console or the Uplay platform whenever something like this occurs, but very few stops to think that it may actually be their ISP working behind the pictures to slow down their connection. For those that may not be aware, ISP’s apply certain measures to try and control whatever it is you may be up to online, and one of their most common practices is to slow down your Internet speed.
The decline in speed means you end up getting frustrated with the gaming platform, and end up abandoning the activity altogether. Your ISP applies these measures to try and manage their Internet provision costs by saving money on bandwidth. To deal with the possibility that your ISP may be slowing down your service, one of the best things you could do is sign up with a VPN service.
Use a VPN to Avoid ISP Throttling
Subscribing to a Virtual Private Network enables you to circumvent any forms of throttling that your ISP may implement because connecting through a VPN allows for you to encrypt your online traffic. With this done, your ISP won’t be able to track down your connection, and will, consequently, have a hard time knowing how exactly to apply their throttling. Your connection will ultimately run on the fast speeds that you’d initially paid for.
Using a VPN also appends an extra layer of privacy over your connection, and helps you avoid any hackers, scammers or spying agencies from keeping up with your activities online. You’ll also have your actual IP hidden, and therefore be able to access and play games that haven’t even been released in your region yet.
Read more:Best VPN for PC Gaming
Best VPN for Uplay
In order to ensure that you’re dealing with a provider that doesn’t compromise on your speed or security, we’ve picked out a few that are sure to give an excellent level of service. Have a look at our selection of the best VPN for Uplay below:
#1 NordVPN (2.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 75% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 VyprVPN (5$/month)
Number of servers: 700+ | Server locations: 73 | IP addresses: 200,000+ | Maximum devices supported: 3-5
VyprVPN is a Golden Frog owned network founded by Internet veterans who are in similar internet businesses since 1994. Goldenfrog is a Switzerland-based company, and the country is favorable for privacy laws. With the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DPA) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection Ordinance (DPO).
- No server down issues and connections are always available
- It supports 256-bit of military-grade encryption
- Multiple protocols support to choose the preferred level of encryption
- NAT Firewall to provide additional security
- Simultaneous connection up to 5 devices
- 24/7 Customer Support via Live Chat
- 30-days Money-Back Guarantee
Avail 25% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (2.91$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 58% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.04$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 54% Discount
Conclusion -Best VPN for uPlay
Having a VPN connection for Uplay means working around any form of throttling that your ISP may impose on your connection, and being able to enjoy absolute freedom truly, security and anonymity as you browse the Internet.