Best VPN for Lightbox: Launched in 2014, Lightbox is a New-Zealand based streaming service provider that is owned by Spark, which was initially focussed on offering the best in terms of TV series programming. The service is restricted only to users that reside within New Zealand. This is bad news, especially to frequent travelers loyal and subscribers. To deal with these issues, we suggest you consider subscribing to a VPN.
Read more: Best VPN for Hopster
Best VPN for Lightbox
How to Unblock Lightbox Outside New Zealand Using a VPN
A Virtual Private Network, or a VPN, basically consists of a range of servers scattered across different parts of the world. They’re what users connect to based on what sites they want to access. Upon connecting to these servers, users get a change in their IP address. This makes them appear to be located in the country where the servers they’re connecting to are. In doing so, they regain access to geo-restricted content that is only accessible to residents of a specific country. This way, regardless of wherever they may be, they’ll always be able to access a geo-restricted service like Lightbox regardless of geolocation.
Unblock Lightbox Outside New Zealand -steps
Follow the steps below to unblock Lightbox outside New Zealand:
- First, you need to do is sign up for a VPN service.
- Next, you create a VPN account.
- Download and install the VPN app on the device which you want to stream on.
- Launch the app & connect to a VPN server in New Zealand.
- After you connect to an American VPN server, you’ll be provided with a temporary New Zealand IP address.
- Now that you have a New Zealand IP address, you can easily access Lightbox anywhere.
The video on demand service has now evolved to include some of the latest blockbuster movie titles, which are only available for rental. Subscribers get to choose between two subscription models; either standard or premium. The standard one costs $12.99 a month, while the premium charges $15.99 a month. If you’re not really sure about taking up the subscription, there’s a 30 day free trial period that you can take advantage of. Premium subscribers get to stream content on up to four screens at a time, while those on the standard subscription get to stream on up to two. On premium, you also get to download movies or series to watch later.
This is a feature that isn’t available on the standard platform. However, you can register up to five devices on both subscription options. According to their website, users should expect to stream on the service to consume up to 1Gb of data per hour if the viewing quality is set at its highest. This amounts to about 80 GB a month for one hour of daily viewing on standard viewing. For HD, this can go as high as 240 GB a month. To most ISP providers, such a high level of consumption often gets them uneasy. Because of this, they tend to want to limit the extent to which you can stream, by either slowing down your connection or limiting your bandwidth. This is called the ISP throttling.
Best VPN for LightBox
Using a VPN has many advantages that even users are just not aware of. First, a VPN’s primary role is to guarantee online security. Using a VPN means all your online data gets encrypted and therefore becomes difficult to access by third parties. With this done, you get to enjoy both security and anonymity on the sites you visit. Rest assured that your data gets well protected when doing sensitive stuff such as accessing your bank online. To help you get the best value for your money, we’ve put together a list of providers that we’re sure are more than capable of delivering.
#1 NordVPN (2.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 75% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 65% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Read more: Best VPN for CuriosityStream
Conclusion -Best VPN for Lightbox
Using a VPN is bound to enhance your online experience as well as improve your security. To ensure that you’re able to stream your favorite shows from Lightbox and to go about businesses online securely, the VPNs listed above are the providers you can entirely rely on. If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to share them with us by leaving them in the section below. We’ll be sure to respond.