No one in this time of strict mas-surveillance and rising cyber crime can deny the need of a VPN. Due to this fact VPNs have become so popular nowadays and there are many VPNs in the market to provide you full-proof internet security. Not, only for PCs, there are many good VPNs for smartphones too; so that you can use the internet fearlessly on your mobile phone. Moreover, when it comes to Windows phone, it makes a bit challenging. This is why we have brought some of the best VPN for Windows Phone so that you can feel protected using Windows Phone VPN.
When choosing the right VPN seems a heck of a task, you can always look up to our recommendation. In a bid to ease your problem we are here to recommend you two of the best world-class VPN that are suitable for almost every type of user. These are ExpressVPN and NordVPN. Not only they are safe, reliable, secure and speedy but also comes at an affordable price.
Inevitably, Windows still dominates the market for the desktop operating system. From its inception, Microsoft Windows operating system for desktop devices have managed on to on the top trends. But, the company could not successfully keep the pace of same progress level with the mobile operating system which is overshadowed by Android and iOS. However, still, it shares some of the marketplaces of smartphone OS, and the users who are using Windows Phone should not ignore the vulnerability of Windows OS especially after WannaCry exploitation. This massive destructive ransomware attack gave us a lesson to learn that we should never leave any data or security flaw vulnerable to the hackers. For this purpose, it is important to protect the system and internet connection from outside venoms through a VPN. But when it comes to getting to the VPN that is best for the Windows phone, you need to act smartly. It is because of not all the VPNs out there are good for Windows Phone. Here we have listed some best VPN for Windows Phone Windows Phone.
Why Do You Need A VPN For Windows Phone:
VPN comes in handy when you feel less protected that is quite a common these days. As every government is openly snooping the netizens internet activity and retaining the Internet data in the name of combating the criminals; this calls for a safe and secure shield that can stop the government’s watchdog, and that is none other than a VPN.
Furthermore, you might need the best VPN for Windows Phone when you want to access any region-blocked websites. And also if you are a privacy geek and want to stay anonymous over the web. (also see 5 Best VPN For Windows)
Best VPN For Windows Phone:
#1 NordVPN (2.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 75% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 65% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
The use of VPNs has exponentially accelerated over the time; the VPN industry is overflowing with so many VPN providers, keeping their performance and goodwill aside. But as far as choosing the best VPN for Windows Phone is concerned, you do not need to take this pain alone as long as we are here to help you out. Since there is not much lot of VPN apps that is available in Windows App Store; you will have to set up some of the best VPNs manually.
How To Manually Setup VPN On Windows Phone:
Seemingly, it is not difficult to set up the best VPN for Windows Phone manually. If you follow the simple steps we have given below, you will be able to cut the mustard in setting up a VPN in Windows phone.
- First of all, swipe to the notification top bar and go to Settings.
- Scroll down to look for a VPN option and then tap it.
- Now, turn on the VPN switch and click the + button which is at the bottom of the screen.
- Then you need to enter the server address provided by the VPN service provider.
- Now tap the drop down menu beneath Type and choose your protocol you like. In this guide we are going to the most common VPN protocol L2TP/IPSec.
- Click Connect Using and keep a username and password plus choose a preshared key.
- Enter the credential, your username, password and preshared key that your service provider assigned you.
- There is also an option of auto connect VPN that you can choose if you want to use VPN whenever you use the internet connection.
- Turn Send all traffic to ON.
- Now set a VPN profile name and enter it. Mostly it is the name of VPN service provider or the server location name.
- Click Save.
- Now, go back to VPN menu and click the connect button to get started with the best VPN for Windows Phone.
- Repeat the procedure to add multiple servers.
Advantages Of Using Windows Phone VPN:
VPN comes with so many advantages and in fact, these days where internet privacy is nowhere it has actually become a necessity. Following are some of the benefits that you can have if you use the best VPN for Windows Phone.
Wifi Hotspot Protection:
Wifi-hotspot connectivity has become very common now. Every other coffee shop, airports, hospital, institution, malls and other places have free wifi to offer you within their Wifi range. But certainly, these public wifi connection are the open invitation to many serious threats to cyber security. The cyber criminals like hackers, phishers, and scammers can get the access to your personal and sensitive data through the public wifi while you are sharing the same network with them.
As the Windows Phone is usually synced with all your private stuff and accounts like Gmail account, Facebook, Whatsapp, etc., the attackers sharing the same network can potentially get their hands on your personal accounts information. The attackers are likely to exploit your information that may cause you harm. But if you put a VPN shield before connecting to any public Wifi, it will give you a reliable protection against every hacking attempt using the Wifi connection.
Ever encounter the access denied issue of any website? It probably happens when the site you are trying to access is blocked by geo-restriction. That means the location from where you are accessing the site; it is blocked for that region. No doubt, it really feels annoying when you are traveling and encounter such issue using your Windows Phone. But with a Windows Phone VPN in hand, you can circumvent geo-blocking in real time.
You just need to alter your original IP address with them server location’s IP address offered by your VPN provider. In order to do that, you need to open your VPN, select that server location where the website is originally from and hit connect. This will let you access any blocked website from anywhere around the world. (also read 5 Best VPN for Hulu 2017)
Use the Internet Anonymously:
This is the time when you have to stand up for your right of being anonymous over the internet. Especially when the government turns a deaf ear to your concern about online privacy and continues to snoop you round the clock. Since you are a citizen, you have the right to do something to protect your privacy and stop the government from retaining your data and breaching your privacy.
Here VPN is the potential solution that can save you from the strict mass-surveillance by the agencies like NSA. The best VPN for Windows functions routing all your Internet data traffic through an encrypted tunnel with military level end-to-end encryption. This end-to-end encryption is robust enough not to let any party intercept the tunnel and snoop through your internet traffic, not even the ISP.
Thus, the Windows Phone VPN protects you from all kind of surveillance operation and provides you an anonymous internet connection. This connection will shield your internet activity and will save you from all kind of eavesdropping. (also check 5 Best Cheap VPN for 2017)
Surprisingly, Microsoft played a stunning shot this time by announcing the next version of Windows OS and keeping it free for all including the Windows Phone users. This has undoubtedly brought some bugs with this new version of Windows OS. So, in order to protect your data from any sort of security glitch, you are highly recommended to use the best VPN for Windows.
Furthermore, the above listed VPNs work best with Windows Phone. Since the VPNs available in the Windows app store are very limited and for using these best VPN for Windows Phone, you need to tweak the settings and setup the VPN of your choice accordingly.