5 Best VPN for Turkey- Turkey is one of those countries which have strictly enforced the mass surveillance law all around the country, leaving the citizens and expats in trouble using many popular websites that are blocked in Turkey. Furthermore, People of Turkey and those who visit Turkey find it very disappointing when they can not access some famous social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc. However, many activists have criticized this policy, but the government of Turkey turns deaf ears to such stuff. It is a matter of the fact that Internet censorship has become a great dilemma for all the internet users around the globe whether it is Turkey or any other country people, are facing internet censorship that violates the human rights and sometimes freedom of speech.
Fortunately, when efforts are made to restrict technology, there are ways to make use of technology to bypass this restriction. So, You can now use a VPN for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. and can access all your favourite social websites and get yourself free from the unnecessary restrictions by the government of Turkey, and you will have no more feel you are being monitored, or your privacy is at risk. Additionally, the best VPN for Turkey is the perfect solution for all your internet privacy concerns and for regaining the access to all your favourite websites that are blocked in Turkey.
5 Best VPN for Turkey to Unblock Websites
#1 NordVPN (2.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 75% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 VyprVPN (5$/month)
Number of servers: 700+ | Server locations: 73 | IP addresses: 200,000+ | Maximum devices supported: 3-5
VyprVPN is a Golden Frog owned network founded by Internet veterans who are in similar internet businesses since 1994. Goldenfrog is a Switzerland-based company, and the country is favorable for privacy laws. With the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DPA) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection Ordinance (DPO).
- No server down issues and connections are always available
- It supports 256-bit of military-grade encryption
- Multiple protocols support to choose the preferred level of encryption
- NAT Firewall to provide additional security
- Simultaneous connection up to 5 devices
- 24/7 Customer Support via Live Chat
- 30-days Money-Back Guarantee
Avail 25% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (2.91$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 58% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.04$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 54% Discount
Why You Need a VPN in Turkey?
Furthermore, Internet censorship, blocking hundreds of social websites and monitoring internet users in Turkey are just the tip of the iceberg. The government of Turkey has become notorious for ratifying unfair internet censorship due to that the people living in Turkey are unable to access many social websites that result in the violation of human rights. Hence, the reason the government of Turkey has become stern is the negative propaganda against the government on social media due to which the government of Turkey took this initiative and blocked more than hundreds of social websites.
However, But this can not be justified as this attempt disconnects the people of Turkey from the whole world and this can only make the matter worse. Moreover, To gloss over this problem, we recommend you to use a VPN for Turkey that enables you to unblock all your favorite websites that are blocked in Turkey.
Reasons for Internet Censorship in Turkey?
Furthermore, The web censorship by the government in Turkey has relatively become familiar, and it has grown over recent years. However, it can be justified to some extent for stopping promoting pornography and other content of nudity. Additionally, this can not give ground to block all the social websites completely. The restrictions on social sites occur at the moment of any national outbreak in Turkey. Hence, These laws of limits show up the autocratic nature of the government of Turkey that cannot tolerate any opposition and misuses its power by enacting internet censorship to suppress the voice of journalist and social media of the state. This oppressive stance of the government leads to the isolation of the people in Turkey where they can not access their favourite social websites freely.
Government Role in Censorship in Turkey
Additionally, journalism in Turkey has almost come to its end, or it is only left with a wreck. The reason for this is the same dictatorial attitude of the ruling elite in the state. The Turkish government has taken over a highly influential newspaper company Zaman that is an attempt of clamping down the media. hence, The journalist of the country had faced very strict action by the government for posting any critical content against the government, and many of them were sent behind bars for sharing their analysis censorious for the government of Turkey. Moreover, The government of Turkey openly violates the human rights and freedom of expression by enacting the mass surveillance law in the state and takes the shelter of controlling crimes and stopping pornography in the country which should not be done at the cost of liberty of the people and freedom of expression.
How to bypass the Firewall in Turkey?
Hence, The internet censorship in Turkey has stirred immense anger in the internet community in the state. Furthermore, The people of Turkey had made many efforts and summoned various protests against this ban, but the netizens were only left with the option of finding out the ways to circumvent this censorship. In this article, we will share with you the various means by which you can avoid the internet censorship and bypass the firewall in Turkey and will also recommend you the best and securest option to unblock all the banned websites in the country.
Ways to Circumvent Censorship in Turkey
So, In the past years, the internet experts have come up with many methods of accessing blocked websites in Turkey. But the government has now made the censorship more sophisticated which has also blocked many proxy sites through which people used to access blocked websites in the past. Likewise, the use of DNS and TOR has now lost its fame due to a more changed censorship in Turkey. DNS Software is designed to evade the censorship; it enables the user to open any site by directly using the IP address instead of using its domain. In this way, it only fools the system and gives the access of the website, but now the government of Turkey has blocked the IP addresses of many sites that have made the DNS software ineffective.
Similarly, TOR is a computer network due to which each computer acts as a point through which the data passes and reaches to any URL. It conceals the identity of the actual user and this way it enables the user to access the blocked websites, but it has loopholes and can be hijacked easily, and it will not be very effective when you have high bandwidth needs. Last but not the least the most suitable and securest method to evade censorship is using a VPN.
How to Unblock the Websites Using a Turkish VPN?
Virtual private network or VPN is one of the wonders in the history of internet technology. It not only enables the user to evade the internet censorship but provides you with the best of privacy and the most secure network. The VPN works by obscuring the user’s actual IP address and it shows the masked IP address of that country where these websites are not blocked. This way the user can easily access the blocked sites with the help of IP address of those countries where such websites are accessible. VPN gives you the access to almost all the sites, and it not only connects you with the whole world but it also retains your privacy and minimizes the chances of being the victim of hacking.
How to Select the Best VPN for Turkey?
Here’s an important question arises that how to choose the best VPN to access all the blocked websites in Turkey. There are many factors you have to keep in your mind while choosing a VPN that can enable you to have secure access to the blocked websites in Turkey.
- For choosing a VPN, go for that VPN which provides you with the best of protocols and encryptions. The best VPN should be equipped with major VPN protocols ranging from PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, SSTP, etc. And it must provide you with a sound encryption level like AES 128-bit or AES 256-bit of encryption.
- You must opt for that VPN which provides a server in all the major countries. This increases the number of connectivity options.
- Nobody wants to go for that product which is pricey, so you must look for a VPN that is available in affordable price with better service.
- Best VPNs also provide you the option of anonymous payment method, In this way, your confidential data won’t be disclosed.
- After connecting a VPN the speed usually gets slow, but it must not be slow to the extent that will irritate you, and you will end up turning off your device. Go for that VPN whose speed is moderate.
- The customer support department of a VPN provider must be quick to approach, efficient and be available 24/7 so that in the case of any problem in connection, you may seek their help anytime anywhere.
- The best VPN offers simultaneous connection option that enables you to use VPN on multiple devices with only one VPN account.
- Trial and money-back guarantee provided by VPNs is a cherry on the top. This makes it easy for you to test your selected VPN and even get the paid money back with any problem.
Conclusion- 5 Best VPN for Turkey 2018
These are some of the suggestions and methods by which you can circumvent the internet censorship in Turkey and get the access to all the blocked websites in Turkey. To have the safest and with the best privacy connection you are highly recommended to use a VPN, and we have already shared factors that will help you to choose the best VPN for Turkey. The netizens out there who were clueless about VPNs range I am sure this article is a great help for them and they can now easily access all the banned websites in Turkey and enjoy their freedom.