What’s the best VPN for Tomato Router? Using a VPN is great. You get to have ensured protection from the many avenues of attack that exist within the Internet. You also get to surf through sites and channels without necessarily revealing your identity or location. A credible VPN service allows you to pass your traffic through a secured channel, thereby making it difficult for any cybercriminal or hacker to gain access to your device. You also get to mask your online activities from your ISP and prevent any form of eavesdropping from ill-intention third parties.
Related: Best VPN for MikroTik Router
Why You Need a VPN for Your Router?
Majority of the people will agree that the benefits of subscribing to a VPN service are well worth the price. The shield that you get in return can stop a whole lot of bad things from happening. Installing VPN directly on your router is the best way to secure all your online activities regardless of which system you are presently using to browse the web. Unfortunately, not all routers are VPN-compatible. This is why many people have started installing firmware such as DD-WRT or Tomato on their routers. By doing so, you can unlock new features that you would typically not have access to, including setting up a VPN connection. In this review, you can find a list of best VPNs for Tomato routers.
Best VPN for Tomato Routers
#1 NordVPN (3.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 66% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 VyprVPN (5$/month)
Number of servers: 700+ | Server locations: 73 | IP addresses: 200,000+ | Maximum devices supported: 3-5
VyprVPN is a Golden Frog owned network founded by Internet veterans who are in similar internet businesses since 1994. Goldenfrog is a Switzerland-based company, and the country is favorable for privacy laws. With the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DPA) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection Ordinance (DPO).
- No server down issues and connections are always available
- It supports 256-bit of military-grade encryption
- Multiple protocols support to choose the preferred level of encryption
- NAT Firewall to provide additional security
- Simultaneous connection up to 5 devices
- 24/7 Customer Support via Live Chat
- 30-days Money-Back Guarantee
Avail 25% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (2.91$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 58% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.04$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 54% Discount
Installing a VPN on Your Router
By getting a VPN set up on your router, you’re able to secure all the devices that use it to connect to the Internet. This means you can have your Smart TV, phone, tablet, computer and other devices connect to the Internet under VPN protection. Installing a VPN on your router might at first seem absurd since if you do own a router, you’re aware that it already comes with firmware that might not have a VPN option at all.
If you’re dealing with such a router, the first thing you’re going to have to do is flash it. By flashing it, I mean getting rid of its original firmware so that you can replace it with firmware that’ll be able to work more efficiently with VPN. Flashing your router is a process that doesn’t require that much technical expertise, and can be done if a few step-by-step procedures are followed through. Now, of course, you will not be able to use your router without the presence of any firmware, so as you get rid of the industry firmware, you’re going to need a replacement for that. We’d recommend replacing it with Tomato firmware. DD-WRT is another option.(also see, How to Connect Home Router to a VPN to Bypass Web Censorship)
What’s a Tomato Firmware?
Tomato is a firmware that initiates up most of the choices that you wouldn’t really be able to get in standard firmware. It enables you to configure, monitor and customize settings that govern how well your VPN is going to work for you. Perversely, not all VPNs in the market are of quality as high as that of Tomato; so there are a selected few providers that are best compatible with it.
Conclusion -Best VPN for Tomato Router
The VPN providers mentioned above are more than able to guarantee the best regarding service for anyone looking to use a flashed router. Think there a few tips or reliable services that we might have left out of this list? Share them with us by leaving a comment below, and we’ll be happy to respond.