This is something significant that PC users are now aware of the value of VPN technology. When you use the best VPN for Personal Computer, you may unblock geo-limited services or content accordingly. Furthermore, the best VPN allows you to secure your online privacy while using your desired PCs hassle-free.
However, the recent shift to mobile devices like Android or iOS is enhancing day by day. Still, you may find millions of PC users who prefer to use desktop devices. This is because you cannot undermine the level of comfort you attain when you use PCs.(also see, Most Secure VPN Services)
Avail 70% Discount
How to Choose a VPN for PC?
Choosing a right VPN for your PC is an important and first step towards PC security, a little research is mandatory before opting for any provider and this you must keep in mind before buying any VPN services for your PC;
Number of Servers
The biggest advantage when you use a premium VPN service is that you get many servers around the world which is important for the maximum connectivity option. Servers are they major factor while selecting a VPN, servers in some most required countries like the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Europe etc. is very important. If you opt for a free VPN service, then you may have few server options to connect to and the can be slow at times due to heavy load.
VPN Protocols Offered
VPN protocols are very important and a VPN service must offer all the major protocols which enhance your flexibility to choose them as per your need. Some major protocols which you must look for when selecting VPN are PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, SSTP, OpenVPN, Ikev, etc. The most secure protocol is OpenVPN and SSTP which ensures maximum protection, but you can experience a little speed reduction when using these two and for streaming is it recommended to use PPTP or L2TP/IPsec for the fastest streaming speed.
Level of Encryption
Encryption is the backbone of any VPN service, the tunnel which it creates must be encrypted with high-level encryption like AES or Blowfish encryption protocol, which is considered the most secure these days. So look for the AES 128-bit or 256-bit encryption which is high-end and the most secure encryption level.
You need a VPN that must be compatible not just with the PC but also with the other devices you own, like your Android phone, iOS devices, Mac etc. so you can use it for securing them as well with the multi-connection option.
Simultaneous Connection option
Simultaneous connection option or multi-connection option is a feature provided by VPN services by which you can connect over one device with single VPN account. Most of the major VPN providers offer 3 to 5 simultaneous connection option which is great as you can secure up to 5 devices at the same time by just paying for one VPN account.
Customer Support Response
If you find any issue or problem running the VPN service, the first thing you may look for is a customer support staff. It is very important that a VPN must offer 24/7 customer support staff through Live chat, which is the fastest way to connect to the representative as they are available 24/7 at your service on the website you can chat them online and get your issue resolved as soon as possible. Other options can be email ticketing system, or by reading FAQs, etc.
Best VPN for PC
For users’ ease, we’ve tried our level best to estimate out different VPN that works best on PC devices. Here is the list of our best VPN services that are best VPN for PC. The list includes:
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.91$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 84% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Benefits of best VPN for PC
Here is the list of various advantages that proposes why you should opt a VPN that works best on your PC. The list consists of:
- VPN helps you circumvent online censorship to another level with best VPN for PC
- You can defeat region blocking problems and access to your coveted media streaming services
- A VPN user can trick the online locations from the data surveillance agencies
- It helps you ensure your online privacy while using public Wi-Fi
- You may hide your original IP addresses through alternate IP addresses of best VPN service for PC.
- The VPN user can also perform their preferred P2P activities anonymously.
Conclusion -Best VPN for PC
We hope you would appreciate our comprehensive guide on best VPN for PC. Once you go through this write-up, you can take the right choice to protect your PC devices from online threats stress-free. Furthermore, you can see the pros and cons of different PC VPN described-above.(also see, Freenet vs VPN – Which one is Safer?)