Best VPN for IRC: Full form of IRC is Internet Relay Chat; one of the earliest forms of text-based communication. It passes between many computers within a network. The technology is the client/server networking based model, and it’s still in utilization among many admirers today. To use the service, you’d need to employ a reliable IRC client. These are programs get installed on your device, communicate with the chat server to transmit messages. Once you are done with setting it up, you can decide to start a chat group, or even enter an existing one if you know the channel name.
Read more: Best VPN for Crypto Trading
Best VPN for IRC
With IRC being such an old tool, there is some drawback that comes with using it today. For beginners, there is no support for video, and the user interface in most clients is very old. The few clients that support to users of the service today are far and wide, with most of them providing to a very small user base. The rest of the groups of users that count on the service include businesses and organizations that find it effective for internal communication.
Employing IRC offers one great vulnerability that most clients do not seem to do much to get around. This is your online privacy. When utilizing IRC, your IP is easily noticeable to other members of your chat group. This makes it simple for them to find out about your location. With that said, malicious users could target you anytime, and they could start DDoS attacks on your internet connection. You may end up losing your own data or getting blackmailed once access is given. This is a condition that you’d surely not want to be in as you could end up losing your bank access, or be a victim of identity theft.
How Using a VPN Help with IRC?
The smartest way to get around this problem would be to get the shield of a VPN. This refers to a Virtual Private Network. A VPN refers to a tool that has a large group of servers spread around the world. If you connect to VPN servers, your connection gets covered and the data conveyed gets encrypted. With your connection secured, your IP address also gets covered, and things like your location or identity continue to be hidden for everyone else but you.
Utilizing a VPN also enables you to change the server that you’re connected to. With the capability to change servers; you’re able to ‘shift’ your location depending on the land the server is based in. This also has its other list of benefits, such as being able to access geo-blocked sites and channels. Connecting to a VPN also gives you a level of security by protecting whatever activities you are up to online.
Service like this stops even the ISP from discerning what you are doing. With this, you can get around any standards that they may apply to micromanage your internet connection. One name for these measures is throttling, and they involve limiting your bandwidth or restricting your access to several sites and channels. To end up picking the right VPN, there are many things you ought to look out for. These incorporate the number of servers, level of security and amount of features.
Read more: Best VPN for EE ISP
Best VPN for IRC
We have done the ground-work for you, and we have come up with some of the best service providers you could subscribe to. Have a look below.
#1 NordVPN (2.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 75% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 VyprVPN (5$/month)
Number of servers: 700+ | Server locations: 73 | IP addresses: 200,000+ | Maximum devices supported: 3-5
VyprVPN is a Golden Frog owned network founded by Internet veterans who are in similar internet businesses since 1994. Goldenfrog is a Switzerland-based company, and the country is favorable for privacy laws. With the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DPA) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection Ordinance (DPO).
- No server down issues and connections are always available
- It supports 256-bit of military-grade encryption
- Multiple protocols support to choose the preferred level of encryption
- NAT Firewall to provide additional security
- Simultaneous connection up to 5 devices
- 24/7 Customer Support via Live Chat
- 30-days Money-Back Guarantee
Avail 25% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (2.91$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 58% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.04$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 54% Discount
Conclusion -Best VPN for IRC
Though its use has been massively declined, IRC is still in preference among a couple of well to do organizations. Using a VPN enables them to add an extra layer of security to their use, and assures that no one can intercept their communication.