Nothing is more entertaining than outsourcing a Netflix movie or online on-demand video on your Android TV. It frees you from relying on the mercy of cable operators and let you enjoy the online program on a television set. But it is always recommended to use a VPN for Android TV for additional security and bypassing geo-blocking. Since there is a broad range of VPN services available in the market, so it never comes easy for a layperson to choose a VPN. To ease your pain, here at The Best VPN Analysis, we have compiled a good range of best VPN for Android TV.
Tired of visiting many websites of VPN providers and still not sure which one to opt for? Never worry, as long as we are here to guide with the best of our experience and expertise. Here are two quick recommendations of VPNs that you can rely on. These are ExpressVPN and NordVPN. They are the best in terms of quality, price, and speed.
Android has not only made its way in mobile OS but also run the Smart TVs. These TVs are perfect to relish by your favorite series of Netflix TV shows in the comfy atmosphere of your TV lounge. Now watching movies is more ease than before with Android TV that lets you connect with the web. With Android TV you do not have to depend on your cable service provider and do not really need to spend much on movies channels. All the movie freaks can have it all with their Android TV. All they have to do is to just connect their TV with an amazing world of the internet to outsource any movie or TV shows from the web onto your Android TV. But whatever connects with the web, it brings with some grave internet security threats. So, it is better not to take the risk of your data that goes over the internet. It should come as no surprise that how useful a VPN is when it comes to your internet security. In the same vein, today we have brought some best VPN for Android TV. These Best VPNs not only secure your connection but also let you bypass geo-restriction. (also see 5 Best VPN for Netflix – Watch Netflix from anywhere 2017)
What Is A VPN?
Since the internet is no more a safe-haven nowadays, using the internet for any purpose with less or no protection seems a bad idea. This is the reason why more and more internet security software are hit the market. One of those is the VPN that is designed to provide an extra layer of protection to your overall internet connection. The VPN works in an amazing way to provide your internet connection a foolproof security with its military grade end-to-end encryption. This tool routes your internet traffic to an encrypted tunnel link to a remote server. This encrypted tunnel is almost impossible to intercept by anyone. Hence, VPN provides you a robust shield against all kinds of cyber-threats.
Why Do You Need A VPN for Android TV?
The reason why using a VPN with Android TV is recommendable, is the increasing cyber threats that come with any devices having internet connectivity. In the case of Android TV, the most alluring feature of such TV is its accessibility to the web. It allows you to stream live videos from Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, etc. Doesn’t it sound perfect watching your favorite online movie right on your Android TV in your home lounge sitting with family and friends? It does of course! But let me add this to your information that it can only happen if you are living in the US. It is because these streaming websites are region-based and do not show the original content to the other region viewers as they do in the US. In order to bypass this geo-restriction, you need to switch to a VPN for Android TV.
Apart from geo-blocking, there is one more use of VPN, that is to get an additional layer of Internet protection with its high level of encryption. No doubt how much privacy and security mean to everyone and getting an extra layer of shield that protect you from cyber threats is not at all a bad deal. (also read 5 Best VPN for Hulu 2017)
The Best VPN for Android TV:
So, now this is clear that why you may need a VPN for the Android TV. But, it remains a tricky job to choose the one that suits all the needs of your Android TV. Following is the list of best VPN for Android TV to stream live videos safely on your TV.
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.91$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 84% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
How To Setup A VPN on Android TV:
Setting up a VPN on your Android TV is not as tough as it sometimes looks difficult to do. It needs proper credentials and configuration to get the ball rolling with the best VPN for Android TV. Following are the step to set up a VPN for Android TV.
- First, subscribe to a VPN service and get the credentials.
- The second step is to install the VPN app on your Android TV from Google Play Store.
- Now the next step is to configure the VPN on Android TV which is a simple task to do. Just open the app and input the username and password provided by your VPN provider.
- Now hit the connect tab and get protected by the VPN shield.
- To bypass geo-blocking, select the US server location and then connect. (also check HOW TO UNBLOCK THE GEO-RESTRICTED SITES)
Undoubtedly, the leading video streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube have become irresistible for any movie fan. And when it comes through your Android TV big-screen and let you enjoy your favorite movie on a comfy sitting area with your loved ones, it becomes more than a boon. And nothing should spoil this fun, not even the authorities geo-blocking technique. Thus, in order to circumvent this geo-restriction, one should go for the best VPN for Android TV and get started with the ultimate fun of movies.