Best VPN for TP-Link Routers: In today digital era, most of the netizens access the internet from the comforts of their own homes. Routers have become a device that can be detected all over the world in houses, companies, cafes, hotels, restaurants…even in hospitals.
But, did you know, that most people waste the potential of their routers? Your router can be an excellent tool to help you stay connected while remaining private online. How do you do this? By using a VPN.
Read on to learn why you should install a VPN on your router and to find out which VPN services work best with TP-Link routers.
Read on: Best VPN for Panasonic Smart TV
Best VPN for TP-Link Routers
Why Use a VPN?
Short for Virtual Private Network, a VPN is a service you can subscribe to that offers security and privacy online. A VPN re-routes your traffic through a secure connection using one of its own servers; giving you a secure and impenetrable connection. Also, VPNs encrypt all of your data; making it very hard for you to be the victim of data theft. With a VPN, you can also spoof your IP address and unblock geo-restricted content from around the globe.
To put it simply, a VPN is a great tool that protects you and your information online and allows you to access all the content that you want.
Why You Should Install a VPN On Your TP-LINK Router
Typically, VPN services have a set limit to how many devices you can protect at the same time. This isn’t really a significant problem, however, installing a VPN on your router can circumvent that.
If you install a VPN on your TP-Link Router; you’ll be able to offer protection to any device that connects to your internet. Which means you’ll be able to:
- Circumvent any internet censorship imposed by the country you’re living in.
- Restrict Google’s tracking ability. Google is associated with most of what you use online, which means it probably has a significant record of your online activities. A VPN will stop any further data retention by Google.
- Avoid being watched by your ISP or your government.
- Stream geo-blocked content from any connected device.
Read on: Best VPN for uPlay
Best VPN for TP-Link Routers
4. Private Internet Access
Now that you know why you’d want a VPN on your TP-Link router to let’s talk about which VPN you should be getting. For a VPN to work on your router and give you the service you want, it needs to have:
- OpenVPN protocol. This protocol allows you to configure the VPN onto the router.
- Fast internet speeds. Why would you want a VPN that can significantly decrease your internet speeds and make it difficult for you to stream or download content?
- Global server coverage. The closer you are to a server, the faster the connection. You want a VPN to have servers spread evenly across the world so that you can get better access to fast servers and unblock the most significant potential of content.
- Takes your privacy seriously. You need a VPN that cares about its users’ privacy and has a strict zero-log policy that you can trust.
We’ve run our own tests to check which VPN providers work best with TP-Link routers, and our top recommendations are:
Conclusion -Best VPN for TP-Link Routers
Nowadays, it’s important always to be safe and secure when you’re online. A VPN is the simplest way to do that. With a VPN installed onto your TP-Link router; you’ll be able to access the internet privately from any device. You’ll also be able to unlock a broad range of websites, apps, and media on any device you hook up to your internet.