Best VPN for PayPal: PayPal is an online money transfer service that has been a saving blessing for a lot of its users. You can use it for sending and receiving money online with comfort and grow your business endeavors globally. Most websites now accept PayPal as a reliable payment method, so e-shopping has never been this much simple. Then, why would you require a VPN for PayPal? Other than ensuring that your online payments are more secure and private…have you ever think of using your PayPal account in transit? Let me give you my top recommendations for VPN services to use with PayPal, and explain precisely why you would need one in the first place.
Why Use a VPN with Paypal?
Mainly, two reasons drive people to use a VPN. First is privacy and security and the other is IP spoofing. When it comes to PayPal both the reasons are valid to use a VPN with PayPal.
The money transfer giant does have great security protocols in place to protect your transactions, but even those protocols have weaknesses. It’s highly advised always to use a VPN service when you’re dealing with money online, whether it be PayPal or other online banking services. You can never be too secure when it comes to your online payments. A VPN will re-route your internet data traffic through a private connection using one of the VPN servers, and encrypt all your internet data to boot.
Now, PayPal is no more blocked outside the US; and that’s why you have nothing to do with ISP spoofing, as long as you are located in any of those countries where you have opened PayPal account.
The platform proffers you the option of opening up a new account in whatever country you have relocated (if that country supports PayPal). Great! Until you realize that you need a new email, bank account to be opened in the new location, home address, and phone number to do so.
Travelers and expats, I can feel your pain.
But, don’t worry, by using a VPN, you can spoof your IP address to match your home country. This way, you can access your PayPal account from anywhere in the world with ease.
Best VPN For PayPal
Now that you have learned why is it essential to use a VPN with PayPal; lets dig deep into which VPN you should opt for. The unfortunate part is PayPal doesn’t really support VPN. There have been various reports from this platform; warning to ban those users who access PayPal on a VPN connection.
Read more: Best VPN for Tango
That may sound terrifying, but after going through various forums to see which VPN providers are being blocked, I saw something: most of the blocks have been for the users using free or low-tier VPNs. Here’s what you should be looking for in a VPN service for a platform like PayPal:
- Comprehensive server coverage
- Large number of IP addresses per server
- A commitment to online privacy
- A strict zero log policy
Here I want to mention that while PayPal’s ToS does not in any way say that the use of a VPN isn’t allowed, VPN blocks are still prevalent with the platform. If you’ve any difficulties using your account with one of the VPNs I’ve recommended below, I would suggest you try a different server. That usually fixes the issue with no hassle. That being said, here’s the list of the best VPN for PayPal:
How to Use a VPN with Paypal?
The whole process of configuring a VPN to work with PayPal is rather simple. Here’s what you need to do to access PayPal on a VPN connection:
- Firstly, subscribe with a VPN that isn’t blacklisted and works with PayPal pretty well.
- Next, download and install the VPN client on the same device you want to access your PayPal account from. Android, iOS, PC, and Mac are all VPN-compatible.
- Now, sign into the app by using your account details.
- Finally, connect to one of the VPN servers and wait until the connection gets established.
- That basically is all it takes to use a VPN with PayPal.
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Conclusion -Best VPN for PayPal
I would like to end this article by quoting something I’ve already stated: PayPal professedly blocks VPNs. If you’re connected to a server and can’t access your PayPal account; the easiest solution is to change servers simply. I do suggest to pick servers inside your home country, even if you’re overseas, to always have access to your account.