Kodi is an Open Source media player application developed by the XBMC Foundation. It is really an alternative for the Windows Media Center for Home Theatre PC. As it is open source software, it is easier to add graphical user interfaces without any copyright issues. Kodi is available on a variety of platforms and it enables its users to play, view and stream pictures, movies, games, etc. It is a gift to today’s entertainment world and to enjoy digital media without any geo-restrictions. Certain countries always put lots of restrictions in accessing their servers i.e., it is difficult to access their streaming services from other countries. But it is always possible with a Virtual Private Network (VPN), that too securely and anonymously.
Here is a list of best Kodi VPN providers that offer excellent service with Kodi software.
5 Best Kodi VPN Services
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.91$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 84% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Why do we really Need a Kodi VPN?
Kodi is a popular alternative for Windows mediacentrer and it is an Open Source application. Kodi also faces restrictions when accessed by users from a foreign country. This is to ensure that the country does not suffer any internet threats and hacks. Though it seems to be legal, it is not a situation that most internet users expect. Thanks to the best Kodi VPN which forms a tunnel between the Kodi user and the accessed server. The data passes through the tunnel are all encrypted and it is anonymous as well. So, it is better to use a VPN for Kodi services to enjoy a safe streaming.
How to Choose the best Kodi VPN?
A VPN with 24×7 services to its customers is always appreciated as users around the globe need support at different time zones. The lists of VPNs that we have mentioned above are rendering excellent customer support.
The more the variety of devices that a VPN supports, is the easier its user can use it. All the above VPNs support PCs, Tablets, iPhones and Smartphones.
Operating system support is inevitably required for a VPN to be rated as a good one. The listed VPNs offer a greater OS support including Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS.
It is another important factor that determines a VPN for Kodi. Often people choose Open Source codes like Kodi to be free of software prices and copyright issues. After getting software freely, if the VPN costs more then it becomes meaningless. All the VPN that we have categorized present a wonderful service for a better pricing.
If a VPN can offer at least five simultaneous connections then it is said to be rendering a greater service. Out list includes only such VPN service providers for Kodi to access the unrestricted websites.
Kodi VPN Setup
- Launch the VPN application with your login ID and password.
- Choose the server from the drop-down list. If you wish to unblock BBC iPlayer, then choose a server from the Britain.
- Open your Kodi Console and install your favorite channel add-ons.
- Now you can enjoy streaming services with unrestricted access to all shows.
Fusion Installer for Kodi Add-ons
Fusion Installer provides all the best add-ons for Kodi application. Those are all third party ad-ons and can be configured in minutes. Before downloading the add-ons, we need to configure the fusion installer and let us accomplish it in the following steps.
How to Configure the Fusion Installer?
- In the Kodi application, go to the ‘File Manager’ option from the SYSTEM menu.
- Then select the option ‘Add Source’. A pop-up window will appear.
- In that window, either choose the path for the Fusion Installer or type the location as ‘http://fusion.tvaddons.ag’ and click Done.
- Under the ‘Enter a name for the media source’, just type a name such as ‘fusion’ and it gets listed in the File Manager Window.
- Now we are all set to download and install the add-ons.
How to Install Add-ons to Kodi?
- In the Kodi application, go to the ‘Settings’ option from the ‘SYSTEM’ menu.
- A list of items will appear and select ‘Add-ons’ from it.
- It will ask for ‘First Run Help’ and just click Ok.
- Again a list of items like Disable Add-ons, Enable Add-ons, etc will appear. Choose the option ‘Install from Zip file’
- Then it will ask for the location in which the files are to be installed. Just choose the ‘fusion’ folder that we have created earlier.
- Now we have access to folders containing the Kodi Add-ons.
How to Add Channels to Kodi?
Kodi add-ons gain access to the restricted sites as well websites from a variety of countries. To name few, we can gain access to Netflix, BBC iPlayer, ABC.com, etc without any restrictions. Here is the procedure to add channels to Kodi application.
- Just launch the Kodi media player.
- From the main menu, choose ‘Videos’ and select ‘Add-ons’ from it.
- ‘First Run Help’ prompt will appear and just click Ok.
- After that ‘Add-ons’ Menu will appear and click ‘Get More’ to proceed.
- Kodi application will display the list of Channels and choose the one from the list.
- After choosing a channel, ‘Add-on information’ box will be displayed. Just click ‘Install’ from the box.
- An ‘Enabled’ option is written beside the name of the channel and click on the channel again to activate it.
- To access the contents of the installed Channel, go to the ‘Videos’ menu and select ‘Add-ons’ option. Now, you are all set to enjoy the contents of the installed channel.
Kodi VPN for Android
If you use Kodi on your Android devices to stream videos on Kodi, the best Kodi VPN let not only let you bypass the geo-restrictions from anywhere in the world, but also ensures your privacy and security as your ISPs are always snooping your online activities and keep a log of your activities. Kodi VPN has a broad range of servers which enhance your selection to unblock geo-restricted channels from anywhere in the world, so that you can connect to as many servers as you like according to their speed and connection performance and let you access the entertainment services you want with full speed and streaming speed.
Kodi VPN for Fire TV
If you own Amazon Fire TV, then you can avail the facility of unlimited geo-restricted content on Kodi by using the best Kodi VPN that which supports Amazon fire TV. All what you need to do is to setup Kodi VPN for Fire TV and then you have the access to the world of unstoppable entertainment of videos, sports channels, documentaries, Live TV, TV shows, dramas, movies etc.
Concluding Words- Best Kodi VPN
Accessing streaming services, games, etc with a Kodi from different parts of the globe is actually wished by any user. Unfortunately, we cannot access all content across the globe. To solve the issue, we are gifted with a technology, the best Kodi VPN, which is secure, reliable and offers a stable communication at all times.