Best VPN for Hoopla: The streaming platform that was started up in Canada; Hoopla is inaccessible outside Canada. This makes it very difficult for users who happen to travel often. Anyone who tries to access the service outside Canada is normally met with an error message. This is because the service can track down the specific location you could be logging in from. To change that, a VPN must be involved. Check out the best ones in the article below.
#1 NordVPN (2.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 75% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 65% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Read more: Best VPN for Arkansas
Best VPN for Hoopla
How to Unblock Hoopla Outside Canada or USA
A VPN or a Virtual Private Network is a service that allows you to connect to a network of servers based in different parts of the world, that will enable you to mask your Internet connection. In doing so, your actual IP address gets hidden and replaced with the one that corresponds to the remote server that you might have connected to. This way, a user is easily able to fool a website or online service of their current location, thus working around any blocks that might have been placed to restrict access from users outside the supported regions. As for Hoopla users outside Canada or the US, all they’d have to do is to connect to a server that’s based in either of the two regions, and they’d be all set.
Using a VPN service has a lot more benefits other than helping users to work around geographic restrictions. The service also enhances online security by encrypting it’s users traffic, making it difficult for ISP’s or any other third parties to find out what one may be up to online.
- First of all, you need to sign up with a VPN service provider.
- Then, you need to download and install the application required of you.
- Launch the VPN app, and check out the list of servers that pop up in front of you.
- On your streaming device, with a single tap, connect to a Canadian/US VPN server.
- After that, gain an American or Canadian IP address and appear to be streaming the web as if you are in the USA or Canada.
- Finally, access and stream Hoopla anywhere around the world.
What is Hoopla?
Hoopla is a Canadian based streaming service. It allows users of different public libraries to access a wide array of digital content. This includes videos, music, ebooks, as well as audiobooks. The platform houses more than 250,000 albums and close to 10,000 TV shows and movies in its library. This makes it one of the most well-populated services to rely on for your entertainment needs. The libraries on its list are mainly based within either the US or Canada, and that’s about it.
Hoopla allows users to borrow content for varied periods depending on the kind being borrowed. Movies and TV shows go for three days, albums for one week, and audiobooks, ebooks, and comics can be borrowed for up to 3 weeks. All this is available for free. Additionally, access to the content is paid for by the public library that you happen to be a member of. With this being the case, users are limited to a certain number of titles per month. The default number for most libraries is ten. This makes it not very ideal for users who wish to binge watch their favorite shows or series.
Best VPN for Hoopla
For users who are intent on accessing the service even when outside Canada or the US, there is one reliable method of doing so. This way involves hiding your IP address. The IP or Internet Protocol Address is more like a digital fingerprint that’s left by your device whenever you’re online. It carries information such as your location, and sometimes, even your identity. To access Hoopla outside Canada or the US, you’re going to need to hide your IP address. The best way to do this is with a VPN. Here are the best ones.
Read more: Best VPN for Realm Royale
Conclusion -Best VPN for Hoopla
The four services we’ve looked at are all more than capable of offering a reliable connection, so it all boils down to one preference. The in-depth reviews that we’ve put together all do an excellent job of highlighting what to expect, so going through them before making that final decision is a great way to see which one best fits your needs.