Best VPN for D-Link Routers: In today’s time, a majority of us access the internet from the comforts of our own homes. Routers are the devices that have become incredibly common almost everywhere. You can tap into the potential of your routers by installing a VPN client on them. This will help you protect your entire connection; means all the devices connected on your home network, without having to configure each one individually. Here are the best VPN for D-Link Routers that you can use to increase your digital security.
Read more: Best VPN for Asus Routers
Why Do You Need a VPN?
Short for virtual private networks, VPNs are cyber-security tools you can use after subscribing to a provider. What a VPN will do is encrypt your data and re-route your traffic through one of their own servers. You will then get a secure and private connection. In other words, a VPN offers protection from possible theft or attacks and from third-party monitoring.
When VPN re-routes your traffic, it also changes your Public IP. Since your traffic is no longer being sent through your ISP’s server, it won’t reflect your actual geographic location anymore. It will start matching the location of the VPN server you’re connected to. This makes VPNs a great tool to unblock regionally restricted websites (and to bypass any ISP imposed website bans).
Why Should You Install a VPN on D-Link Routers?
It has become a common rule of thumb; that most of the credible VPN providers limit the number of devices your account can cover at the same time. Normally, this isn’t a big problem. It’s just inconvenient sometimes.
When you install a VPN on a router, you get the ability to cover all of your devices without running through your limits. A router only counts as one device.
A VPN on your router also lets you extend the VPN’s functionalities to any connected device. All of your devices will then be able to:
- Limit Google’s tracking ability.
- Bypass internet censorship.
- Stream geo-blocked content and access regionally restricted sites.
- Avoid third-party monitoring and surveillance.
- As you can see, installing a VPN on your D-Link router can greatly improve your internet connection.
Best VPN for D-Link Routers
Before we jump on our recommendations, we want you to know that there are a few things that you should consider before opting for the best VPN for D-Link Routers.
- VPN Protocols: You need a VPN that supports OpenVPN and PPTP & L2TP/IPSec protocols.
- VPN Speed: VPNs, in general, take up some of your internet speed because they re-route your traffic. Some VPNs will slow down your internet to an unmanageable rate, while others will barely cause that much of a difference.
- VPN Server Location: It’s not about the number of servers, although that’s always a perk. You need a VPN with servers located on all inhabited continents.
Our VPN experts have run their tests to find the best VPNs for D-Link routers. Here are their top best choices:
#1 NordVPN (2.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 75% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 65% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Read more: Best VPN for TP-Link Routers
Conclusion -Best VPN for D-Link Routers
Safe to say, it’s high time we take all the necessary measures in order to protect ourselves online. With almost global access to the internet comes a higher rate of attackers, third-party surveillance, and general internet bodies. A VPN is an easy tool you can use to protect yourself while you use the internet. Installing a VPN on your router is the best way you can make sure all of your devices are covered and that you’re secure in your internet connection.