Best VPN for Asus Routers: In today’s digital era, only a handful of people can honestly say that they feel 100% secure in their internet connection. From data retention laws to authorities watching on their citizen’s internet activities, all the way to the propagation of online hackers, the internet is no longer the safe-space it used to be (or, we used to think it was).
This is the reason why VPNs have become so prevalent; having a VPN is a great way to protect yourself while you’re online. Installing a VPN on your router is the easiest way to make sure that all of your devices get the same valuable protection at the same time.
Read on to learn why you should install a VPN on your router and which VPN services work best with Asus Routers.
Read more:Best VPN for TP-Link Routers
Why Should You Use A VPN?
Before we explain to you why you need to have a VPN’s protection; let’s first discuss what a VPN actually is:
A VPN stands for a Virtual Private Network; which in and of itself hints at a VPN’s primary function. See, a VPN will require you to connect to one of its servers and then re-route your internet data traffic through a private tunnel using that server connection. This will ensure that no one can access your traffic; not even your ISP, because you’re using a private network on a completely different server than what your ISP uses. As for your data, all of it gets encrypted to protect you from any possible data theft.
Consequently, since a VPN employs its own servers to re-route your data traffic, your public IP automatically switches to match the server’s location. This enables VPNs to be great tools for accessing geo-blocked content, websites, apps, and media.
Now, you must be wondering, why you even need a VPN? Because you can never be too safe, secure, and private in this digital era…and because you deserve to be able to use the internet without having to deal with geo-blocks.
Read more: How to Install a VPN on your Netgear Router
Why Do You need to Install a VPN on Asus Routers?
Now that you know what a VPN is; you should also know that they come with a limit to how many devices you can protect simultaneously. This is done to stop users from exploiting the service offered to them by sharing one account with various individuals, so it’s understandable. However, it’s not very possible if you want to cover as many of your devices as possible. Installing a VPN on your Asus router determines that you’d be able to cover as many devices as you want; as long as those devices are connected to your WiFi.
This way, you’ll be able to avail from a VPN’s many functionalities on all of your devices:
- Stream geo-blocked content from any connected device.
- Avoid being spied on by third-parties, like your ISP or the government.
- Limit Google’s tracking ability on all of your devices.
- Bypass strict internet censorship rules set in the country you’re residing in.
- Setting up a VPN on your Asus router enables you to significantly improve your internet experience while feeling secure in the protection you know you’re getting.
The Best VPN for Asus Router
We’ve already explained to you why you need to install a VPN on your router. Let’s move on to which VPN you should subscribe to.
Before we move forward with our recommendations; I would like to warn you about free VPNs. Free VPNs are incredibly dangerous and will end up forcing you to pay for their service in ways more precious than money.
As for the credible and legitimate paid-for VPN services, there are a few things you need to make sure your VPN has before you subscribe to it:
- OpenVPN protocol for devices with no native VPN app.
- Fast internet speeds.
- Global server coverage.
- A commitment towards their user’s privacy.
- A kill switch for added security.
- A reliable and knowledgeable customer support team.
- A transparent refund policy.
- Zero-logs policy.
- An HQ in a country not within the jurisdiction of the Five Eyes.
If that seems like too much information to keep track of, don’t worry. We’ve done the searching for you. Here are our top suggestions for VPN services that work best with Asus Routers.
Read more: Best VPN for Panasonic Smart TV
#1 NordVPN (3.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 66% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 VyprVPN (5$/month)
Number of servers: 700+ | Server locations: 73 | IP addresses: 200,000+ | Maximum devices supported: 3-5
VyprVPN is a Golden Frog owned network founded by Internet veterans who are in similar internet businesses since 1994. Goldenfrog is a Switzerland-based company, and the country is favorable for privacy laws. With the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DPA) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection Ordinance (DPO).
- No server down issues and connections are always available
- It supports 256-bit of military-grade encryption
- Multiple protocols support to choose the preferred level of encryption
- NAT Firewall to provide additional security
- Simultaneous connection up to 5 devices
- 24/7 Customer Support via Live Chat
- 30-days Money-Back Guarantee
Avail 25% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (2.91$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 58% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.04$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 54% Discount
Conclusion -Best VPN for Asus Routers
There you go! By installing a VPN on your router, you’ll be able to access the internet in total privacy from any of your devices. You’ll also be able to unblock sites that are regionally restricted to specific areas. Let us know in the comment section if you found this helpful, we appreciate and value your feedback.