Anonymous BitTorrent: Download Torrents Anonymously on BitTorrent: If you want to be anonymous while downloading torrents on BitTorrent or any other torrent client. BitTorrent is one of the most popular torrent client used by millions of users. Then you need to get prepared for it prior to the torrent download. In this article, I am going to show how can you download torrents anonymously on BitTorrent.
Avail 70% Discount
Why do You Need to Have an Anonymous BitTorrent?
All Torrenting software like uTorrent, BitTorrent, Vuze, Popcorn Time, etc. don’t conceal your IP address while Torrent download. As soon as you start downloading a file your IP address is visible to all the people in that torrent swarm. Which means a lot of eyes can see your IP including copyrights holders who keep their eye on such Torrenting platforms, it is not good for your security.
What Can You Do to Download Torrents Anonymously?
No matter which torrent client you use, you must be anonymous while downloading a torrent. You have some options to be anonymous while torrenting;
Use a Secure VPN for Torrent Downloads
A secure torrent VPN is the best way to download Torrents Anonymously on BitTorrent or any other torrent client. A secure VPN for torrent means which is no log VPN service and provides you full security and anonymity features. It is only possible if you opt for a paid service. If you want to download torrents anonymously for free, then you may get into trouble while doing so. As free VPNs usually keep users’ data log to share it with ad companies for profit. I Have a list of secure and best VPN for torrenting. You can use any one of these for secure and anonymous torrent downloads. A secure torrent VPN allows you anonymous BitTorrent downloads.
How Anonymous Torrent VPN Works?
On all Torrenting websites, your IP address is visible to all the users downloading the Torrent which has its risks and threats involved in it. Only an anonymous Torrent VPN can keep you secure while Torrenting as it provides you with another fake IP address and conceals your original IP.
So no prying and prying and spying eyes on Torrent swarms can access to your login information that is your IP address which makes you safe and secure from any threats. Before you get a VPN make sure you do a little research on the best VPN for Torrenting because not all the VPN services can provide you complete anonymity while Torrenting. Only some dedicated Torrent VPN services protect your Torrent download, and these are the VPNs which take your privacy and anonymity seriously
Use a torrent Proxy
A torrent proxy may be free it is no way safe to download Torrents Anonymously. Furthermore, a torrent proxy does not provide encryption for your internet traffic. If you are not encrypted it means your ISP can see what are you up to online. Which means a torrent proxy only changes your IP address when you connected to it. Hence, a torrent proxy only unblocks torrent sites and hides your IP address, but it is not safe to download Torrents Anonymously.
Use Tor for Torrenting
Tor is good for online security and privacy. It has layers which transfers your data and make you anonymous online. due to data transmission to many nodes. The speed of the connection drops drastically which is not good for torrent downloads. Furthermore, Tor does not encrypt your data traffic online. So it is a non-practical idea to use to download torrents with a poor speed without encryption.
Anonymous BitTorrent- Steps to Download Torrents Anonymously
Below are the steps you need to follow to do get an anonymous BitTorrent. Even if you use any other torrent client you can follow these steps to download Torrents Anonymously;
STEP 1: Download a Secure No Log VPN for Torrenting
- Choose any VPN service recommended below and click the link to sign up for it.
- Install the VPN App as per your streaming device. All the VPN services I recommended have dedicated VPN Apps for all the major OS and devices like Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows, Linux etc.
- After installation, open the app and sign in by entering the credentials emailed to you by your selected VPN provider.
- After opening the App, select the US server from the list of VPN servers.
- Additionally, when connected, VPN not only provides you different IP addresses but also encrypts your internet traffic which secures you from cyber criminals.
STEP 2: Perform a DNS Leak Test
A DNS (Domain Name Server) is a service that connects domain names to server IP addresses, keeping everything on the internet organized and easy to find. A DNS leak is a phenomenon when your VPN service leaks your real DNS address (which also has your real IP address) instead of the VPN server’s DNS address. Furthermore, your VPN should ideally show its DNS when you are running a VPN and connecting to any torrent site.
Follow the steps below to perform the DNS Leak Test;
- Go to the DNS Leak Site while your VPN turned on.
- Click the standard button to perform the standard test.
- If you can see your real location and real IP address. It means your VPN is leaking the DNS address and not secure for torrenting.
- However, if you can not see your real location and IP address it means your VPN is good for secure and anonymous torrent downloads.
STEP 3: Download Torrents Anonymously
Now you are good to go, you can now download any torrent file you want. However, your VPN may slow down the download speed. I would suggest ExpressVPN. I personally love it because it never gets slow while downloading torrents.
Best VPNs for Secure Torrent Downloads
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.91$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 84% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.25$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 77% Discount
Final Words-Anonymous BitTorrent: Download Torrents Anonymously on BitTorrent
Consequently, torrenting is always safe when you are connected to a secure VPN. Some top torrenting sites also recommend using a VPN for anonymous torrent downloads (see the Top 10 best torrent Websites of 2017).