The increasingly progressing video gaming industry seems to be brimful with the new advancements and innovations that have left the gamers with wide-open mouth. In a very short span of time the video gaming industry underwent a sea change drastically and it is perpetually expanding. In recent times, the worldwide gaming industry has become one of the behemoths of the industries, and it has now changed from a hobbyist industry to a global mainstream industry.
One of the best and most favourite video game consoles is Xbox that is widely used by the gamers in every corner of this planet. These calls need to use a VPN for Xbox to enjoy gaming securely. Below you get to read about the reasons why it is wise to use a VPN for Xbox, and we will also help you choose the Best VPN for Xbox. So stick with this article to be acquainted with the Best VPN for Xbox.
5 Best VPN for Xbox
#1 NordVPN (3.49$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 70% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 Surfshark VPN (1.99$/month)
Number of servers: 500+ | Server locations: 50 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark VPN is ahead of the curve in technological advancement. Surfshark VPN will ensure online privacy for your whole family – simple and intuitive on the outside with a robust security mechanism inside.
- No Logging Policy
- 500 Plus Servers Spread in over 50 Countries
- 24 x 7 Customer Service Support
- P2P Torrenting Support Available
- AES 256-Bit Network Encryption
- Comes with Zero Logging Policy
- Chrome Extension Available
- Kill-Switch functionality
Avail 83% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (3.33$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 67% Discount
#5 Ivacy (3.50$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 29% Discount
What is Xbox?
Xbox is powered by Microsoft; it is a video game brand that was first launched back in 2001 in the United States. The series of Xbox consoles is categorized in the form of generations. Its recent launch is Xbox One console that is from the eighth generation. This brand also renders online service which is under the name of Xbox Live. Furthermore, there is Xbox applications and streaming services too. The Xbox one is a full package of home entertainment with excellent streaming services that are enough to entertain everyone out there.
What is a VPN?
If you are not a tech geek, then you are less likely to be aware of this term. Anyways, Let me take you to the world of internet security and brief you about a great technology innovation that is a VPN. A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a software which is developed with an intention to provide a reliable, secure internet connection. You must not confuse it with ISP. It is not ISP; it is a software which adds an extra security layer to your existing internet connection. The VPN works by encrypting all your data traffic with the military grade encryption that is not easy to decipher by anyone. It also grants you to alter your location virtually by choosing a broad range of location servers to provide by your VPN service provider. This will let you bypass the geo-blocking, and you can enjoy anything that is blocked for your location with the help of a VPN.
Why Do You Need a VPN for Xbox?
Here comes a million dollar question why do you need to use the best VPN for Xbox? Here I go with the best possible answer. Numerous reasons can drive you to use the best VPN for Xbox. Following is my compilation of the reasons that can make you feel the need of using the best VPN for Xbox.
1. Geo Restrictions
BattleField Hardline was released in 2015 by EA. Initially, it was not accessible worldwide. The game then launched its version for UK, Philippines, and Europe while some regions are still waiting it to be launched there. On observing the similar stories, we reached a conclusion that this has become a trend in gaming industry not to launch all versions all at once. Such situation breeds the dire need of the best VPN for Xbox to circumvent the geo-blocking and access your most awaited games from any part of the world. Although Xbox is free from region specific lock, VPN users can gain access to certain apps and sales offer of different countries. So to avail and keep an eye on the sale offers and discounts of other countries too, get yourself the best VPN for Xbox.
Unfortunately, not even the gaming industry is safe from the hackers and cyber criminals. Lately, a report was published about the hacking attack on gamer’s account with costly implications. Especially Xbox Live is more likely to be a soft target for internet underworld. To save yourself from this misery, all you can do is to give your Xbox an active protection of the best VPN for Xbox.
3. Shield Against DDoS Attacks
With the best VPN for Xbox, you can feel protected against the advanced DDoS Attacks. All the best VPNs for Xbox come with improved protection and mitigation against DDoS Attacks so that you can enjoy your video games without getting into trouble with DDoS attacks. DDoS Attacks are more likely to hit you when you run your Xbox without the best VPN for Xbox. It is because, without the best VPN for Xbox, the network connection remains without the military grade encryption making your internet connection less secure mostly in the case when you use Xbox Live.
4. Speed Throttling
Speed throttling and lagging is something that is most annoying especially when you are playing a game. Slow speed and buffering greatly affect the gaming experience. So at least for video gaming, using a good VPN that does not throttle the internet connection speed is a must. Hence the best VPN for Xbox is all needed to get started with your Xbox for a smooth video gaming experience without any fear of speed throttling and lagging.
Salient Features of the Best VPNs For Xbox
Here I come to draw your attention to some notable features of the best VPN for Xbox that might appeal you to get one for yourself.
- The best VPN for Xbox lets you connect to the gaming server via a better and shorter route that minimizes the lags in your gaming and smoothen your gaming experience to a quite good extent.
- The best VPN for Xbox provides you the access to exclusive programs, and you can play upcoming games before they launch in your region just by altering your IP with the IP address of that region where it has launched earlier.
With the help of military grade end-to-end encryption, the best VPN for Xbox is capable of keeping your saved files and data super secured that can not be incepted by any third party.
- The best VPN for Xbox offers you to play the multiplayer games of all the countries.
Xbox users and all the professional gamers are well aware of the fact that DDoS attacks are very common in multiplayer games to weaken the opponent’s effort. Thus, this calls for the need of the best VPN for Xbox due to its advanced protection against DDoS attacks.
Some gaming servers require a specific country IP address, to begin with, the game. In such cases, you can use the best VPN for Xbox that allows you to change your IP with that particular country IP address.
- You can use any server even if you are on the go with your Xbox and keep gaming from any part of the world.
- The best VPN for Xbox never comes too pricey.
How to Setup the Best VPN for Xbox
Lately, I have come across a misconception that Xbox does not support VPN. Well, let me clarify it. A part of this belief is right that the Xbox is not compatible with the VPN client directly, but this does not mean you can run a VPN on the Xbox. However, using a VPN for Xbox will require you to do some manual configuration and doubles the process of setting it up. You get the best VPN service for Xbox by following two ways.
1. Setup VPN on Xbox by sharing your computer’s network connection
- Firstly, you need to get a VPN service on your host computer.
- Connect your host computer and Xbox via an ethernet cable.
- Click on the Windows menu button from the bottom left side of the screen.
- Navigate around the Windows menu and open the Control Panel window, then access Network Sharing Center.
- In Network Sharing Center, click the Change Adaptor Settings.
- Navigate through the properties of your VPN, open Sharing tab and check on the option that allows sharing.
- From the Home Networking Connection option, select Xbox connection and click ok.
- Go to your Xbox’s settings; press lives button, tap System Settings>Network Settings>Wired Network and save the settings.
- Now run your VPN and check it on your Xbox.
If everything is smooth, sign in to your Xbox account and begin with it.
2. Setup VPN on Xbox via a DD-WRT Router.
The other method for configuring VPN on your Xbox is to take the help of a flash router or DD-WRT router. All you have to do is to install a VPN client on your DD-WRT router, and your VPN tunnel will be centralized. Now you need to connect all your other devices including Xbox to share the VPN service.
Hence it has been proved that gaming industry can also not be left vulnerable to DDoS Attacks and other security laps. So for providing a foolproof security to your gaming experience without any data throttling, you need to rely on the best VPN for Xbox.