Best Offshore VPN: If you want to experience secure web browsing, connecting to a VPN with strong encryption can be quite handy. This is even more relevant when you are using a public network like the Wi-FI hotspot in any cafe, shopping mall or hotel. By encrypting your online data traffic by a VPN, you can easily stop people from snooping on your online data.(also see, Best Non-Us Based VPN Providers for USA)
VPNs are also pretty handy in circumventing all geographical restrictions. With a good VPN, you can quickly browse geo-blocked sites and access geo-blocked content and videos.
At BestVPNAnalysis, we personally prefer VPN providers that are established offshore – not only because of the extra privacy but also as a sign that the company conceives about privacy laws and may be similarly sophisticated and updated itself in other aspects that are not as visible.
What’s An Offshore VPN
An offshore VPN refers to those VPN companies that are based in a country other than a member of the Five Eyes alliance. The members of this alliance include the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand. The online privacy and data protection laws in many countries outside of Five Eyes are more favorable to users.
Best Offshore VPN
This is the primary reason why you should opt for an offshore VPN to protect your privacy to the maximum level. For your convenience, we have compiled a list of top 5 offshore VPN providers that deliver an excellent quality of service while respecting your online privacy.
#1 NordVPN (2.99$/month)
Number of servers: 3500+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider. Hence, it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Due to it, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, excellent customer support makes it one of the best VPN in the market. Most noteworthy, the pricing plans are quiet on the nominal side and worth the services provided.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Double encryption for added security
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Avail 75% Discount
#2 ExpressVPN (8.32$/month)
Number of servers: 1800+ | Server locations: 148 | IP addresses: 30,000 | Maximum devices supported: 3
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry. With its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. Therefore, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty. All due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands. Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Avail 35% Discount
#3 VyprVPN (5$/month)
Number of servers: 700+ | Server locations: 73 | IP addresses: 200,000+ | Maximum devices supported: 3-5
VyprVPN is a Golden Frog owned network founded by Internet veterans who are in similar internet businesses since 1994. Goldenfrog is a Switzerland-based company, and the country is favorable for privacy laws. With the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DPA) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection Ordinance (DPO).
- No server down issues and connections are always available
- It supports 256-bit of military-grade encryption
- Multiple protocols support to choose the preferred level of encryption
- NAT Firewall to provide additional security
- Simultaneous connection up to 5 devices
- 24/7 Customer Support via Live Chat
- 30-days Money-Back Guarantee
Avail 25% Discount
#4 Private Internet Access (2.91$/month)
Number of servers: 3339+ | Server locations: 36 | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Private Internet Access service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy. It is due to its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers. Hence, For an end to end protection with its amazing features. That includes; Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption. That is based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- The Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
Avail 58% Discount
#5 Ivacy (2.04$/month)
Number of servers: 450+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
Avail 54% Discount
Advantages of Best Offshore VPN
The advantages of using an offshore VPN are certain when it comes to keeping your privacy shielded from government espionage. The online privacy of users is growing increasingly threatened with the implementation of data retention laws in the Western countries.
As such, users have legit concerns over the control they have over their own privacy. The need for online privacy tools is thus increasing. Using an offshore VPN, you can evade the jurisdiction of most Western authorities and accomplish complete control over your privacy.
Thus, the advantages of an offshore VPN provider are incredibly significant for privacy-conscious users.
Offshore VPN with No Logs
Offshore VPN service providers usually have the advantage of a clear no-logging policy. According to our test, NordVPN is the most secure offshore VPN choice that keeps no user logs. This is because the company is based in Panama, which has the most user-friendly data and privacy protection laws.
To be sure, all of the VPN recommended in this article are excellent regarding offering maximum privacy. Thus, you cannot go wrong if you opt for any of the VPN service providers highlighted here.
Conclusion –5 Best Offshore VPNs in 2018
Offshore VPN providers are pretty good if you need to protect your privacy. But don’t forget, any VPN can still be a subject to the government or even non-government interference at the data center level. If you want decent privacy while using the internet, offshore VPNs are essential, but they are just one level of a multi-level defense for your privacy.(also see, Best VPN for Amazon Fire TV Cube)